Sorry but quick de badge question??

Audi27

Reaction score
Morning, I know it's a touched topic on here anyway but I'm going have a go at de badging the back before I clean my motor inabit.I just want a quick list of products I need to go get to get the job done now?? I only have the dental floss a d hair dryer so far. How long do you guys hair dry it before it goes soft? Any help advice be great.

Just gently warm it and you will feel the badges start to move indicating the adhesive going soft....

Cheers pal, products wise glue remover, wax/polish and sponge?? Then I'm good to go?

I'd use tar remover, not glue remover. Not sure what glue remover will do to your paintwork.

Boil your kettle then pour it over, that softened my badges up nicely. Take your time though as you can peel lacquer off sometimes. I managed to have a 2-3mm square patch were I pulled a bit off somehow

Reactions: wuta3
Beautiful!! Car is no longer a 1.4 but a 2.0 from the back....until I put my foot down! Ha. Pretty straight forward and my best tool was my nail!! Thanks for the advice guys off to clean the whole car now. :wub:. Will try post pics later

Boil your kettle then pour it over, that softened my badges up nicely. Take your time though as you can peel lacquer off sometimes. I managed to have a 2-3mm square patch were I pulled a bit off somehow

I removed the lacquer off mine when I pulled the badges off.In the right light you can see the outline of the badges. ***. So badges will be going back on when I can be *****.

This was after i de badged but before the clean. Look's a lot more subtle in my opinion, nice little improvement.
IMG 20130527 00096 audi back

Reactions: R90 STL