1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry but quick de badge question??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Audi27, May 27, 2013.

1. Audi27

Audi27 Member

Morning, I know it's a touched topic on here anyway but I'm going have a go at de badging the back before I clean my motor inabit.I just want a quick list of products I need to go get to get the job done now?? I only have the dental floss a d hair dryer so far. How long do you guys hair dry it before it goes soft? Any help advice be great.
  2. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Just gently warm it and you will feel the badges start to move indicating the adhesive going soft....
  3. Audi27

Audi27 Member

Cheers pal, products wise glue remover, wax/polish and sponge?? Then I'm good to go?
  4. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

I'd use tar remover, not glue remover. Not sure what glue remover will do to your paintwork.
  5. Mikemc

Mikemc Active Member

Boil your kettle then pour it over, that softened my badges up nicely. Take your time though as you can peel lacquer off sometimes. I managed to have a 2-3mm square patch were I pulled a bit off somehow
    wuta3 likes this.
  6. Audi27

Audi27 Member

Beautiful!! Car is no longer a 1.4 but a 2.0 from the back....until I put my foot down! Ha. Pretty straight forward and my best tool was my nail!! Thanks for the advice guys off to clean the whole car now. :wub:. Will try post pics later
  7. autolatry

autolatry Member

I removed the lacquer off mine when I pulled the badges off.In the right light you can see the outline of the badges. FFS. So badges will be going back on when I can be arsed.
  8. Audi27

Audi27 Member

This was after i de badged but before the clean. Look's a lot more subtle in my opinion, nice little improvement.
    IMG-20130527-00096 audi back.jpg
    R90 STL likes this.