1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something's unplugged

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by DieselJake, Dec 13, 2013.

1. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Dec 13, 2013]
    [​IMG]

Just wondering if anyone could identify what that is, it's at front passenger side by the light, car's mapped with a different turbo so could be something to do with that but just a bit of a worry when things in the engine bay are unplugged.
  2. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Dec 13, 2013]
    Found the plug where it goes just underneath the plastic, more than likely did have something to do with the turbo and mapping and I'm just being paranoid but still interested to find out what it is.
  3. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

4. deano1978

deano1978 different gear

[Dec 13, 2013]
    mapped with a different turboOh yeah???????Care to explain ;-)
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Dec 13, 2013]
    It's the aux fan Jake, i disconnected it when i uploaded the map so it does not drain the battery, don't worry about it too much ! The bv43 map i had uploaded on your car was made for a later ECU, it might put the fan continuously if you plug it in. Need to work out the map of your existing ECU- just wasn't enough time when i fitted the turbo. As you know "custom" tuning is difficult to do in a few hours + with your slipping clutch i could not take proper logs anyway...Run it like that for a while, i ran mine for a long time even in summer, won't do much difference...
  6. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Dec 14, 2013]
    Oops haha think you did say actually, was just me being stupid. Was just a little worried as I thought something had fell out. Cheers all the same, will be down for the other things soon, then after it'll be clutch, then should all be ready. Intended to ring today but it's my Birthday so I'm in no fit state to call, drive, walk in a straight line or complete most every day tasks.
  7. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Dec 14, 2013]
    No problem Jake, in your own time ! Happy birthday !