1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something never discussed on here before...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by paul_brad, May 13, 2004.

  1. paul_brad
    Offline

    paul_brad Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2004
    Messages:
    365
    Likes Received:
    0
    [May 13, 2004]
    I get the feeling you're all probably about as sad as me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    case in point the continuing saga of paint colours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    So, does anyone else here ever make model cars? My beef is this: you can't get any audi A3 or even S3 ones at all. I'm talking about the 1/24 scale Tamiya/Fujimi style ones. They both do millions of different cars, but it seems no Audis! Its winding me up, as I'd like to make a nice scale model of my 1.8T!

    Seriously, if you've never done one before, I'd recommend it. Its great fun matching your interior paint schemes on the model to your real life car, and lovingly spraying the bodywork with the exact same paint you would the real thing.

    thanks for listening anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    #1
  2. Ads

    Ads

    [Sep 21, 2014]

  3. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,090
    Likes Received:
    4
    [May 13, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    paul_brad said:
    I get the feeling you're all probably about as sad as me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    case in point the continuing saga of paint colours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    So, does anyone else here ever make model cars? My beef is this: you can't get any audi A3 or even S3 ones at all. I'm talking about the 1/24 scale Tamiya/Fujimi style ones. They both do millions of different cars, but it seems no Audis! Its winding me up, as I'd like to make a nice scale model of my 1.8T!

    Seriously, if you've never done one before, I'd recommend it. Its great fun matching your interior paint schemes on the model to your real life car, and lovingly spraying the bodywork with the exact same paint you would the real thing.

    thanks for listening anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Got quite a few of these in my garage. Bloody wuick little nippers aint they. Best one is a Traxxas stampede monster truck. Can climb ANYTHING, and is bloody rapid. They are excellent fun! I know what you mean, they do every car under the sun APART from an A3/S3 .etc. this could be because they were never used in official competitoon like BTCC/Rally .etc

    Rich
    #2
  4. paul_brad
    Offline

    paul_brad Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2004
    Messages:
    365
    Likes Received:
    0
    [May 13, 2004]
    Youre talking about the bigger Radio control cars I guess.... Im just talking about the plastic models that sit looking nice on your shelf, but Tamiya make both, so same rules apply I guess!
    #3
  5. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,090
    Likes Received:
    4
    [May 13, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    paul_brad said:
    Youre talking about the bigger Radio control cars I guess.... Im just talking about the plastic models that sit looking nice on your shelf, but Tamiya make both, so same rules apply I guess!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Ah ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif Yeah im talking 1/10

    Rich
    #4
  6. RAPS3
    Offline

    RAPS3 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    91
    [May 13, 2004]
    Probably also to do with the A3 model not being released in the States and therefore a smaller market, aka Haynes!!
    #5
  7. recomdos
    Offline

    recomdos Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2004
    Messages:
    988
    Likes Received:
    2
    [May 13, 2004]
    heh heh - I want a radio controlled toy! had one when i was a younger lad - tamiya jobby (still in the atic actually) but I want something FAST!!!!! boys n their toys eh?
    #6
  8. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [May 14, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:
    heh heh - I want a radio controlled toy! had one when i was a younger lad - tamiya jobby (still in the atic actually) but I want something FAST!!!!! boys n their toys eh?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Have and had something fast! Still have an offroader with a wacking great engine (well as big as they get for this size of car, seriously fast off road! And had a Merc DTM car which was four wheel drive and would spin in circles all day long, quick and powerfull as hell, but things went a miss a few months back when it caught fire big style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif It was kinda cool just wish I'd had a camera, the car flip and turned into a fireball mid air before rolling and settling on it's roof ablaze!

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #7
  9. Khufu
    Offline

    Khufu Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    5,703
    Likes Received:
    30
    [May 14, 2004]
    lol, I set fire to my actionman one day as homage to all the 'burning men' in movies - got pics. As for RC cars, I saw some seriously fast petrol versions at the Car show in Ingleston at Edinburgh a few years ago, shortly before we found the go-karts having spent a while in the drinks tent. . . .
    #8

Share This Page