1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something doesn't seem right...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tally2425, Sep 16, 2013.

1. tally2425

tally2425 Member

Audi A3 2004/2005 2.0 FSI Sport.

Had a fuel leak a while ago so i took it back to the garage that i bought it from and they said that they sorted it and seemed ok but now the smell of petrol has come back so i want to replace the fuel rails and fittings.

I have attached a photo of the rails, something doesn't seem right, there's paste all over the rails and there's a nut on both the these rails that go into the housing, i want to know are these nuts needed as i just thought the bolts should go straight through the pipe into the housing? (seems to me that they've done a bodge job)

I'm buying the pipes and bolts from audi but when they sent me the order it came with no nuts? do i need them or not?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Well for me the fix is a very cowboy one unless you asked for as cheap as possible, looks like banjo fitment & they've basically sealed it with some ****.

You should replace all the fixings, so including lines, bolts etc, but it may just be the fixings that need replacing as I can only surmise that's what is wrapped up from that pic.
  3. tally2425

tally2425 Member

Yeah i've ordered all the parts but Audi didn't add the nuts on the order and said i don't need them which is strange because why are they on there now? do i need the nuts? or i'm guessing this is a cowboy fix and don't need the nuts