Someone talk me out of it!!!

Pops848

Reaction score
After a few problems with my A3 1.8T I am considering selling it.... It's a good example, 147K 2001 stage 1 remap. It has a full milltek race exhaust system so only needs a TIP (forge one sitting in my garage) and a FMIC (want to keep fogs but can't decide which fmic I want) and then was going to stage 2 REVO it.

After a few small problems (head gasket) now an oil leak, I am considering chopping it in for a 2.0 FSI 8p.... Someone talk me out of it before I do something crazy.....unless anyone thinks the 8p is worth getting? Opinions?

changing a 1.8 turbo for a newer 2.0 non turbo = borrrrinnnngggg. you'l probably hate it

Glad you said that :beerchug:

I've just finding that at present the power delivery is a bit harsh, I want something that is big power but more progressive rather than punchy. I love it, but not driving it for 3 weeks, then getting an oil leak you start to fall out of love with it.... :bye:

trust me i know EXACTLY how you feel, i fell out of love with my S not long ago, lack of enthusiasm, little problems kept cropping up.
but then look at the bigger picture, and you soon realise they are hard to beat these cars as an alrounder.

with regards to power delivery, a3's with there small turbos tend to be punchy and spikey, but then the characteristics of the car can be altered to some extent in the mapping of it, give it to the right people and request the right things and you could be a lot happier with it!

I say fit your TIP and get an FMIC and go stage 2 don't worry about your fog lights as nobody really has to use them after that I think you will be happier than spending money on a new car!

Bite the bullet and go stage 2 trust me u will fall in love with your car all over again! Then go more crazy like me and go for the ko4 and then just keep smiling!!

I've been thinking KO4 or hybrid and then getting it mapped again, it's just cost v worth v resale. I'd live to get another car and make the Audi my toy, but need a garage that will actually fit a car in it!
What's annoying is my next door neighbour has a garage with pit but lives in Australia 9 months of the year and rents his house out :-(

Well think clearly before fitting a ko4, I did my stage two and car is quick and makes me smile all day long but I wanted more and had wished I had gone straight to ko4 but I'm glad I'm learning yes it can be costly and hard as I know only too well but at the end of it all if u can get about 270-280bhp in a small car like ours u will never sell it! I was in the same boat and was considering selling my car instead of ko4 but in the long run my car was too nice and has been great to me so I thought I would treat her to more power so here I am collecting bits and soon back to rtech!!

even as it stands and as said a different map will help with power delivery. revo tend to be harsh

i went through the same thing with mine about 6 months ago was going to crash it in for a focus st or a 8p s3 with an amount to pay for finance. instead used the money i would have used for a deposit got it into a garage for a service and to fix a few issues that were cheesing me off, then remapped and its like having a new car but better.. now i cant stop "playing"