1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone PLEASE help....Newbie here !!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by daletaylor, Mar 15, 2014.

1. daletaylor

daletaylor New Member

[Mar 15, 2014]
    Hi.
    Just got a 2001 A4 Quattro 2.5 tdi.
    I got it what I thought was a cheap price but the remote locking fob doesn't work.
    I only have one key and it opens and starts the car but doesn't bleep the doors...I have tried to turn the key and press open and even tried lock and still nothing,please any help would be so welcomed.
    Also it has a built in tv and sat nav,the tv won't work as I am guessing needs to be digital and how do I update the sat nav ??
    Thanks so much in advance.
    Dale.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. foursprungdugtechnique

foursprungdugtechnique Member

[Mar 15, 2014]
    Audi can get complete keys (they're not cheap) which are cut and ready to program to your car easily.
  4. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

[Mar 15, 2014]
    @udi A3 I'm sure does keys by picture and post, alot cheaper than Audi, then he may be able to advise on syncing them up. If you only have the one key your stuck untill you get another.
  5. daletaylor

daletaylor New Member

[Mar 15, 2014]
    Thanks,not going to go to a dealer as you say will be expensive,will check that guy out on here,thanks.
  6. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 15, 2014]
    I cant program these by post, I am currently running an offer on keys at a fixed price of 68.00 cut and programmed plus travel costs, but of course if there is an underlying issue with the car more work may be needed.
    My prices will be changing in April though...

My knowledge of these media systems is limited but happy to help where i can, NHN or bez101 may be a better bet to tell you your options there.