1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone might know??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by HenriEST, Jan 4, 2010.

1. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

[Jan 4, 2010]
    About a month ago i got my cambelt and pullies changed, with waterpump and thermostat. i got the car back and everything seemed fine, but when the weather got colder i started hearing a rubbing noise coming from the engine after running the car for about 2-3 minutes. but after the car has been running for a bit longer it disappears.:S i was thinking it might be a moist belt? or something like that? any ideas guys? but it sounds like butter after driving it a few miles:S

Cheers

Henri
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

[Jan 4, 2010]
    What engine is it?
  4. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

[Jan 4, 2010]
    Ah sorry!! its a audi a4 saloon 2.0l sport 2001
  5. T0m

T0m Member

[Jan 5, 2010]
    Henri -> I wouldnt worry too much its this weather, I have a 1.8t and mine also has done this over the last week and never happened before.

Tom
  6. oneninet

oneninet New Member

[Jan 5, 2010]
    Probably the poor little alternator struggling under the load of A/C on full , wipers tearing at ice , lights on and a rear demister warming windows and mirrors.....in the freezing cold.
  7. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

[Jan 5, 2010]
    Ok cheers guys! also thought it might be some belt out of line or something but then it should do it all the time!

thanks

Henri