1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone might know??

HenriEST Jan 4, 2010

1. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

About a month ago i got my cambelt and pullies changed, with waterpump and thermostat. i got the car back and everything seemed fine, but when the weather got colder i started hearing a rubbing noise coming from the engine after running the car for about 2-3 minutes. but after the car has been running for a bit longer it disappears.:S i was thinking it might be a moist belt? or something like that? any ideas guys? but it sounds like butter after driving it a few miles:S

Cheers

Henri

2. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

What engine is it?

3. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

Ah sorry!! its a audi a4 saloon 2.0l sport 2001

4. T0m

T0m Active Member

Henri -> I wouldnt worry too much its this weather, I have a 1.8t and mine also has done this over the last week and never happened before.

Tom

5. oneninet

oneninet New Member

Probably the poor little alternator struggling under the load of A/C on full , wipers tearing at ice , lights on and a rear demister warming windows and mirrors.....in the freezing cold.

6. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

Ok cheers guys! also thought it might be some belt out of line or something but then it should do it all the time!

thanks

Henri