Some suspicious activity yesterday, anything I can do?

WayneG

Reaction score
I picked up a new car last week so I'm obviously a little on "high alert" in regards to the car. Yesterday though, I read an article where several high end cars have been stolen quite near to me with the keys being taken during house break-ins. Didn't help my paranoia.

Later that afternoon, a VW I haven't seen before drove down my (relatively quiet) street. A few minutes later, it came back the other way and parked up around 100 yards away. It was only when I happened to go out to the car I saw it parked up. I stared at it and seconds later it drove off.

The last time something like this happened, I went to my car to find an empty boot and thousands of pounds worth of stuff gone. That time I was visiting a client and it was only after the fact I remembered a clapped out BMW parked very close to me outside a chippy with two very dodgy looking people in it.

Do people still have the ability to "hijack" alarm signals and enter cars in that way? I'm not necessarily suggesting the car would be stolen, but can they break in this way? The car is a 2013 A7.

Thanks, although really that's just common sense I guess.