1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some sort of knock through the steering

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ex_scoobydoo, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ex_scoobydoo

ex_scoobydoo Member

as the title says, im getting like a knock through the steering when i go over little bumps grids etc, nothing big, but i feel it through the steering, i have no steering wheel shake or nothing like that, the steering feels solid, im due to change some parts in the next week or so because they are about shot:

new cv boots
    front anti roll bar bushes
    front wish bone rear bushes

these need doing regardless^^

whilst im at it i am going to change the:

front drop links

im hoping this will fix the issue, does anyone have any suggestions what else this could be, also anything else i should change whilst im at it, i might aswell get it all done at once, save on some labour costs.
    thanks
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Top mounts.
  3. ex_scoobydoo

ex_scoobydoo Member

is that just another thing to do whilst im at it or you think that whats causing the knock/viberation up the steering ?
    thanks
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Going over bumps would make the worn mounts knock yes, but given age of car its certainly something to look at as my 8P had new mounts after 4 years mate so can imagine yours by now may need swapping out & if you're doing rest then definitely suggest them, I had a knocking on my new suspension & changed them out & it went so take from that what you will, but a visual inspection is the only way mate, upto you.
  5. ex_scoobydoo

ex_scoobydoo Member

yer i will change them aswell
    thanks mate