1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some questions about the new A3 Sportback

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Doug Piranha, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha New Member

Hi folks

Long time lurker (since 2006!), probably my first or second post! I'm getting a new A3 SB 1.4 (122PS) S-tronic Sport in October as a company car and just wanted to ask a few questions from those in the know. I haven't even driven the car yet (!) but given the collective opinion I'm pretty sure I'll be happy......

The options I went for are - Comfort Pack, Audi Sound, heated seats, Hill-hold Assist, S-Tronic, de-select sport suspension and free SD SatNav.

Anyway, I was wondering about a few things and wondered if anyone could help:

1. It looks as if the sport edition comes with headlight washers - is that correct? I did check the brochure but couldn't see it - apologies if I've missed it.
    2. The rear driving / brake lights - do they look like the ones here (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-8v-chassis/158398-post-pics-your-a3-8v-here-5.html#post1834343) or are they different? I could only find a pic of an S-Line SB at night.
    3. How big is the cubby under the armrest? Is it tiny like the current A6 or can you get a decent amount of stuff in there?
    4. I ordered the black-silver sports seats but have never seen them - anyone have a link to any pictures?!

Thanks in advance.

DP
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi Welcome back to audi-sport.net Doug. Im sure the boys be along later to answer your questions. Hope to see you around the forum a lot more. Where are you located? Enjoy. :) x
  3. cemerson

cemerson Active Member

1. I imagine only with the Xenon lights (as they are a legal requirement)
    2. Again, I think with the Xenons they are LED back lights - don't know what the standard ones look like
  4. Fragup

Fragup Member

The link below contains pics the silver / black sports seats
    i know it says it is a s line but I found out from someone else on here it is an early import with a mixture of specs, but seats are definitely sport seats, in silver / black I think, best pics I found looking for something else.

Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line - Pictures | 9 | Auto Express

Back lights in your photo are the led lights that come with S line only as standard, unless you add xenon lights or full leds as an option to an se or sport.

cubby hole in arm rest is about 10cm deep x 12 cms wide and 20 cms longs as a guess?
    Space for Phone + wallet + sun glasses and maybe some sweets is about it from what I've seen.

will let you know if find i out more.

hope this helps
  5. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha New Member

Hi Sandra, thanks for the welcome, appreciate it! I'm in Northern Ireland, not sure of any other members here - A6Chris maybe?

Thanks cemerson for the info on the headlight washers, hadn't realised that about only coming with the xenons. I'm pretty sure they were standard when I got an A3 8P basic model back in November 2003!?

Many thanks Fragup, great to finally see what the seats look like; didn't want to go for black-black because I thought it would be a bit too dark. Cubby hole should be big enough for my pruk I think.

Thanks all

DP
  6. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Btw, how are you getting free sat nav?
  7. cemerson

cemerson Active Member

I'm not sure on it at all - just a guess really so probably wrong! I just know they are required for xenon lights
  8. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Active Member

Cemerson is correct; headlight washers on xenons only, so they are standard on the s-line or optional with the xenon light pack on SE & sport.
  9. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha New Member

Hi TDI-Line. I ordered the car in February via our fleet lease company to take advantage of the free sat nav offer back then, but I don't change until October so they ordered it from Audi and will just hold onto the car until it's needed. I guess it's built by now and just sitting in storage......