Some little ******!!

robertscott

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So it finally happened. Someone has scuffed my car. Black scuff marks on rear wheel arch, will take pics later.

Looks like someone has been reversing out a bay and full lock on too soon and scraped past my wheel arch toward the rear bumper.

Any ideas on how to remove it?

Cheers

Ps. Im dying a little inside after spending all Sunday getting it waxed etc.

Is it on the plastic bumper parts or the metal wheel arch? If it's the bumper, extremely difficult to remove due to the materials. If on the actual body work, if you can't feel the scrapes/scratches with you finger nail then it will polish out. If you can its a respray. Chipsaway are good, well the guy I used was. Lifetime guarantee with the work undertaken.
I feel for you. Hate bar stewards like that!

Isnt white spirit gonna take the laquer right off?

Scotty its not that kind of scrape. More bumper to bumper scuff type. I'll go out on my break and take a pic.

Best I can get for now, sun is shining. ( For the 3rd time this year in Scotland!1) :)

Rub scratch1
Ruby scratch2
Ruby scratch3

Are they rough to the touch? Looks like scraped plastic which is a total ****** to fix. A polish like Megs 105 or Ultimate Compound will take the black off, as for the scuffs, I'm not overly convinced.

Yeh a little. Definitely stinks of transit van bumper! Something with a ****** non color coded bumper. I was thinking scratch x but not sure how well thatd work. Absolutely fuming. Only had the car a few months and spent a lo t of time detailing it recently

I have a lot of other products from autoglym. SRP, Gloss Protection etc. Maybe need to try scratch x and see how it comes up.

Ok I'll try that and scratch x and see what the outcome is. cheers

Give it guttae with the Srp should clean it up pretty decent as it doesn't look that bad no one near you give it a quick go with a da polisher?

It's not got a lot but if you work it hard on a clean microfibrer it should remove a lot of that.

Plus if you have it try it before buying others it's always best to start with the mildest polish you can and work your way up.

It's full of fillers. Had this discussion many of times. It has its place within car detailing but it will remove no imperfection on your paint work. It will fill them in and mask them but won't take anything away. The new formula has virtually no chalk present in it as that was one of the biggest complaints when buffing it off, chalky residue. As a quick on/off it will give a good shine but that's where it ends. Don't get me wrong, I have it in my extensive collection but it's never used as a polish or to take anything out or off of paintwork.

It is full of fillers but does cut and have proved it with an ipa wipe over afterwards

Ive got some srp already but to be fair I never thought that would be any good at removing other paint/bumper scuffs. And I hear you on the chalkiness. I'm finding srp an absolute killer to buff off. It goes dry pretty quickly and leaves a chalk like covering, actually so does the extra gloss protection. I'm gonna try meguiars scratch x or meguiars compound first to see if that works. Will take some pics to see what the outcome is.

Yea go for whatever on a microfibres wrapped over your finger and rub hard and fast and before it drys buff it off and do it again till your happy or it doesn't make any more difference. I love trying to fix these little marks if you were close I'd give you hand but gues your not central Scotland

Ive got meguiars scratch already so gonna give that a go and see. Worst that can happen I get someone in to fix it but I'drather avoid paying too much to get it done. I'm in Glasgow.

Glasgow your no that far away then. I'm Falkirk aye you won't generate enough heat with your hand to do any more damage. Just make sure it's clean then go for it

You mean you've no done it yet am on tender hooks here lol

Reactions: Scottyg
Ive got meguiars scratch already so gonna give that a go and see. Worst that can happen I get someone in to fix it but I'drather avoid paying too much to get it done. I'm in Glasgow.
I'm just out in Motherwell if you fancy giving it a go with my DA?

It's one of those products that falls into the 'all in one' category. I still use it, but on the wife's car. :friends:

I dontge hoem til after 6 mon-friday so not had the time. Got lots of work to do when i get home too. So Sat morning it is. Scotty I'll give a go maually and see how it comes up but might give yo a shout if its still bad. Cheers

Hahaha I use it on the wife's normally too and reserve the good stuff for mine though wife has new b class now so it can get good stuff and the srp can go on mother in laws swift

Reactions: Scottyg
I've been using a really cheap wax and QD combo on mine recently. Both out of Wilko's. Totally against all my detailing instincts. Lazy Bones Fast Wax at £2.25 per 500ml bottle and Simoniz QD Wax at £4.99. Brings the paintwork up a treat. Wife's been bleating on about me spending too much on 'expensive' stuff!! Here's Fast Wax topped with QD.

:sign hijacked::sign hijacked::sign hijacked:

Reactions: voorhees
Looks good that a cant wait to get the new car and get it sealed going to g tech it all over