Some advice please...

mojo555

Reaction score
I have recently got my new S3 in Ibis white. now i have had a couple of cars in white and generally get good results, list of what i use

Snow foam
Was 2 bucket
Sometimes autoglym srp
Zymol Hd cleanse
Zymol Glasur 2 coats (very low so need to find something new)
poorboys wheel sealant
megs endurance trye dressing

i have been thinking though that it would be nice to try a sealant of some sort in the summer just to give a slightly deeper maybe more wet look on the white paint, problem being i have used the Zymol stuff that long i haven't really got much of an idea about glazes or sealants etc...Bear in mind i do need to renew lots of stuff so dont mind a complete change or just combine something with what i have, i also have a da polishing machine if this helps..

Thanks for any advice

Kev

Last edited:
Jetseal 109 is a good quality sealant that makes my red A3 look nice and glossy, then I use wax over the top for durability. There may be more suitable sealants for ibis, but if you search through the threads for an Ibis detail you should find what you're looking for.

Werkstatt is apparently superb for Ibis. I've not tried it, and it looks a bit expensive, but the results do look good - far more reflection and depth than I've got out of mine.

Sealants are definitely the way to go - I'm not 100% sure on the science behind it, but it's something along the lines of the molecules bonding better to either the paint or to each other, giving a flatter surface which reflects light better. More layers are meant to be good for adding depth.

Werkstat Acrylic Jett is really good stuff I use it on my Ice Silver and brother uses it on his Ibis and both get really good results!!! £17 a bottle from Polished Bliss. A mate of mine buy the Werkstat Prime as well and it seems to be a good product. Have a look at Polished Bliss website.

I didn't see the acrylic jett at £17 a bottle - £60 for the set from PB looked too expensive at this stage, but I can probably manage £17... gonna have to give it a go now, since I recommended it :p

Here a picture of my roof. Not bad beading very consistent!!

photo-46.jpg

Thanks Slade777,

I do use my quick detailing spray i have now so will prob get some use from the glos, just need to get some ordered and get a dry day...

I use Meguires Canuba wax after a the usual three stage clean, works really well on silver, havent tried it on the white, but im very impressed.

I used Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish and Chemical Guys Lava on a Candy white Seat Leon a few weeks ago after an enhancement detail - gave it a nice wet look I thought

P1050255.jpg

P1050259.jpg

P1050278.jpg

P1050277.jpg

Sun wasnt playing ball

P1050280.jpg

P1050301.jpg

Thanks Jen, i bit the bullet last night and ordered werkstat acrylic kit so will let you know how i get on....

Thanks for all your help guys.