Sold

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
£1200.
Guy contacted me through ebay. Coming up tomorrow with 1200 cash. Nervous you ****** bet :ermm::ohmy:. Bloke called Andy. Anybody know him?

Aye, lol. He seemed really eager? Anyhoo. Gonna have my old man round the corner wi a chib in hand just in case!!!! I probably should have waited to ride the auction out but what can I say. Money is money.

Aww... No more Teabag?

Let's hope this Andy fella keeps us updated with regular, er, updates.

Good luck with the sale m8

Cheers guys. Like I said, I've some bits and pieces to get rid of so I'll be posting in the classifieds... I'm sure you'll all miss the 'teabag' updates, (couldn't think of a more unfortunate knickname!)... I think it's heading down luton way so keep an eye out for ye olde Audi...! I will be back though.

oh yeah, just going through some of the receipts..... Urgh. The money! Mostly all labour when I look at it. Don't even want to add it up. I should invest in mechanics course next time, save me all the labour costs!

is it gone offically now? if so do you have the ebay listing so we can all learn how to sell like you have

I'd say it's well worth the price.

A 1,9TDI 110 B5 Avant quattro is virtually unheard of in the UK.
Worldwide, it's actually rarer than a 1,8TQS.

Well, the guy is due here at 2. I'm not 100% convinced he'll turn up but we'll see. I'm hopefully gettin the father in laws Mondeo for now and if things go well I'll get a B6 tdi q avant or passat tdi 4motion next year. I am a bit hesitant in going for an audi again but only due to the grief I've had with teabag, how ever, I think i was unlucky with that particular car. If I do get the Mondeo I'll post some pics and it now means that we're a Ford Family! The missus has a got a Focus C-max ghia 2.0tdci! Still, rather a ford than a vauxhall ;O) (but always prefer an audi!)

Anybody want to guess how the sale of the car went?
It didn't. Guy didn't turn up. Tried calling, straight to voicemail etc... I could post numerous profanities but what will that achieve!? I'll give it til this evening and then relist. I plan to name and shame him in the listing.

That's cr?p mate!.. Hate time wasters.

I spent a whole weekend waiting for people who never turned up when trying to sell my mates old Skyline for him while he was on holiday.. very annoying!

Yup. Happened to me on another auction for some musical equipment too. PITA. Had to relist that one aswell.

Shame :(

I had a PC CRT monitor that I sold on ebay, buyer arranged to collect it but failed to make it because his working hours kept changing at the last moment. This continued for almost just over a week but he finally did come and collected the monitor and handed over cash. Bizarre. dieselfitter, I would also contact the buyer via email (through Ebay as this gets tracked), and phone tonight as you just never know. But you'd have to work out if what he says is genuine.

i have to say i wouldnt have ended the auction until the cash was in my hand, listing cars on there isnt cheap, and you probably wont get a refund if you end a listing early...

^^^^ what he said also whats is his rating like if single figures i would be very careful when ending listing.

Sorry to hear about that, chap. Happenned to me when I sold my old Rover 800 (!), sold once for £110 (!), no-show, re-list, finally sold for £46 (!!!!!!!!!)

Including the listing fees, I just about turned a profit.

Looks like stinky doesn't want to leave......

tell me about it! I'll keep my hopes up, at least its not like I need an urgent sale, just the cost of listing *urgh* !

whats is his rating like on ebay?

Um (1). He called almost within 5 mins of the listing going up. I thought maybe had the search perameters in his wanted list. Very eager, saying he was booking his flight etc... Was willing to give me what I wanted in cash. As of yet. No reply.

thats says it all what a time waster, its not as if its a small item... its a car if he was serious he would at least done the decent thing and informed you

Keep a close eye on your motor now. I'm assuming he has your home address now .... ie where the car is stored.....

Yup. Though it's currently garaged with another car parked in the drive in front of it. Smart thinking though. I'll keep the keys under lock and key too, though for him (or them) to travel all the way to Edinburgh for a non performance car with rusty panels seems a bit ott! Though I guess oppertunity is oppertunity.

Dunno, could be a masochist or something.... Your car is quite nice. Here where I work we get people from all over the place looking at our p/x's, and most of them are absolute munters. I mean, would you travel two hundred miles to see a 68k Kia Rio?

I was always planning on doing it, already got the paint & lacquer, (no use to me when it's gone) and most of the bits for the air con - which I may just leave, some seriously dodgey looking nuts & Bolts in there!. If I can get the wiper working with jiggerypokery then cool. Also, not much on just now so I see it as a good chance to practice my body shop skills!

The aircon is a damn nightmare, but if you have the bits, it could be the difference between selling her and not

I was always planning on doing it, already got the paint & lacquer, (no use to me when it's gone) and most of the bits for the air con - which I may just leave, some seriously dodgey looking nuts & Bolts in there!. If I can get the wiper working with jiggerypokery then cool. Also, not much on just now so I see it as a good chance to practice my body shop skills!

Yeah I hear what your saying.. good to get body repair practice while you've got the chance. Practice makes perfect.

Bleuchh. My A/C has never worked since I got it, the belt was disconnected by the prev. owner and I have no idea whether it's because the compressor or clutch is snafu. Still get a relay click when I press "auto".

But I get a dull feeling in the pit of my stomach at the thought of disconnecting the comp, regassing etc. etc.

Thank god for electric windows

Well, in my case. I hit a high kerb that holed the pipe that runs from the comp to the A/C rad. Not a big job, probably doable with ramps or taking the bumper off but there's a big *** nut or two in there and they don't too healthy. Then it'd just be a case of regassing, got new O rings too.

lol.....
I 've relisted...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130310585780
Been getting stuck into the rear wiper and getting no where, getting a volt meter today to give me a chance. Started doing some more of the rust, just a touch up job which I've had success with before

I would add the word avant in the title also some ppl may do a search for 1.9tdi without the space instead of 1.9 tdi
like this:
1997 AUDI A4 1.9 TDI QUATTRO GREY 1.9tdi DIESEL AVANT

Sadly i think it may be too late to change the title as ppl have already bidded on it, you may have attracted more buyers though.

You may be able to end the listing early due to error the in listing not sure if you will charged for that?, also worth noting is your end time is 1 o'clock in the morning. not a good time IMO.

If it wont cost you end the listing, I would create a new 10 day listing 1st before ending the old, however you would have to do this today at around 9 ish then add a message to the old listing, before ending that the car has been relisted with the NEW ebay item number.

£8 quid per listing. Already 8 quid down due to the **** that wasted my time. 17 watchers so far :o.k:

You should be able to modify the title and make other changes (if necessary) but it has to be done 24+ hours before the item nears its end. Once the Time Left (under My Ebay) turns red you can't make any changes (except end the item).