Sold My B5...

mattpanton

Reaction score
Well today I traded in my A4 against something a little, shall we say, hotter...

2006 ST-2, Very pleased with it, sorry about the poor picture, taken on camera phone when I first saw it, not had an dry weather to take any decent ones in!

Looks very nice shame its not an S3 im seeing but still a very nice car good to hear your pleased with it :)

mattfinn said:
Looks nice, how does it compare to the Audi ??

Well it's not a patch on the audi from a refinements point of view, for instance, i put my house keys in the door pocket when i drove it home and all i kept hearing was them siding about on the plastic, whereas the audi's nooks and crannys were all nicely flocked to prevent this, glovebox is the same, however, that is a tiny gripe that i'll learn to live with (just gotta find a new home for keys!)

From a performance point of view it's so much better, as it would be. Can't really compare the handling, as my B5 wasn't a sporty set up at all, but the focus seems pretty emense so far (not had a dry road to try it out on yet!)

Good stuff, I bought me a sticky pad from Woolies for about £3, and it stops my phone and keys from sliding, worth looking into! JML make em I think, they always have them annoying videos on all the time that must drive the peeps that work there crazy!

awh come on you didn't think you could post a picture of a Ford and get away with it did you?? I dunno.. a decent deposit and some sensible monthly payments and you could've had a B6 S4...

Well I thought I might just get away with it! Problem with the audi was the servicing costs, parts were a total fortune, at least with the ford the bits are cheap, even for the ST, plus I fancied a brand change, I'd done the german quality thing, now I'm onto Dagenham dustbins!

A Ford?! I guess it's different when you live in the US.

Nowt wrong with a Focus ST. Sort the crumby cooler rad out though as that's their biggest let down. A few companies offer them and it helps the cars along nicely. Miltek exhaust, de-cat and a Blue-Fin and you're away.