1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold My B5...

mattpanton Sep 28, 2007

1. mattpanton

mattpanton Member

Well today I traded in my A4 against something a little, shall we say, hotter...

[​IMG]

2006 ST-2, Very pleased with it, sorry about the poor picture, taken on camera phone when I first saw it, not had an dry weather to take any decent ones in!

2. Markey

Markey Active Member

Looks very nice shame its not an S3 im seeing but still a very nice car good to hear your pleased with it :)

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

Just try an stay away from racing any discreet Audi's ;-)

4. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

Looks nice, how does it compare to the Audi ??

Blue Thunder, love the comment and new sig mate!!

5. mattpanton

mattpanton Member

Well it's not a patch on the audi from a refinements point of view, for instance, i put my house keys in the door pocket when i drove it home and all i kept hearing was them siding about on the plastic, whereas the audi's nooks and crannys were all nicely flocked to prevent this, glovebox is the same, however, that is a tiny gripe that i'll learn to live with (just gotta find a new home for keys!)

From a performance point of view it's so much better, as it would be. Can't really compare the handling, as my B5 wasn't a sporty set up at all, but the focus seems pretty emense so far (not had a dry road to try it out on yet!)

6. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

Good stuff, I bought me a sticky pad from Woolies for about £3, and it stops my phone and keys from sliding, worth looking into! JML make em I think, they always have them annoying videos on all the time that must drive the peeps that work there crazy!

7. mattpanton

mattpanton Member

Good idea that man! I'll see if I can find one when I'm out next, Thanks :)

8. avantman

avantman New Member

awh come on you didn't think you could post a picture of a Ford and get away with it did you?? I dunno.. a decent deposit and some sensible monthly payments and you could've had a B6 S4...

9. mattpanton

mattpanton Member

Well I thought I might just get away with it! Problem with the audi was the servicing costs, parts were a total fortune, at least with the ford the bits are cheap, even for the ST, plus I fancied a brand change, I'd done the german quality thing, now I'm onto Dagenham dustbins!

10. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

Nice move dude :icon_thumright:

I love the ST's :yes:

11. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

Nice car.

You got any plans for it?

12. dm.A4.B5

dm.A4.B5 New Member

A Ford?! I guess it's different when you live in the US.

13. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Nowt wrong with a Focus ST. Sort the crumby cooler rad out though as that's their biggest let down. A few companies offer them and it helps the cars along nicely. Miltek exhaust, de-cat and a Blue-Fin and you're away.