1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold my A4 and moving to London...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by laurra, Mar 18, 2006.

1. laurra

laurra Member

[Mar 18, 2006]
    ... here I come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why I sold my Audi?
    Never mind... I will buy better one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 18, 2006]
    Where abouts you moving to Laurra?
    Sorry to hear you had to sell your Audi though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Mar 19, 2006]
    Don't tell CJ. He'll be stalking you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And if he doesn't, i will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
  5. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 19, 2006]
    Funny guy! ....so where did you say you were moving to again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif
  6. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Mar 19, 2006]
    Good luck in the big smoke laurra,
    hope u have a good time there

PS hows the missuse CJ ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif lol
  7. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 19, 2006]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif shes great thanks Mick and my wee honey is great too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  8. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 20, 2006]
    Shame you sold the Audi but to be honest, having a car in London can be pointless most of the time. (unfortunately there are no empty roads like those in the fens to bomb down)

Oh, and I've done the Cambridge - London move just over a year ago -welcome to the big smoke

Mike
  9. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 20, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    having a car in London can be pointless most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your joking right! I wouldn't be without my car in London.....forget public transport it is dire 99% of the time unless you live right near the city of course. I'd much rather be in my car..... it does help that you know alot of the areas and back roads though otherwise the main thoroughfares get pretty bad at rush hour. I'd never go back to waiting for a bus ....no way!
  10. laurra

laurra Member

[Mar 23, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sorry to hear you had to sell your Audi though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, trying to find something in North, but don't know for sure. Still looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  11. laurra

laurra Member

[Mar 23, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Don't tell CJ. He'll be stalking you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And if he doesn't, i will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  12. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 23, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, trying to find something in North, but don't know for sure. Still looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool North London is the best....i'm in Enfield myself but its a bit out in the burbs but when you drive its all good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  13. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 24, 2006]
    No South is the best. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  14. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 24, 2006]
    CJ,

I live in southfields (down the road from putney) and driving anywhere near me can be an absolute nightmare at times.

I work near marble arch and I'd never even consider driving into town due to the time it takes.

But, I do agree that the public transport is awful, especially come summertime when you have to squeeze onto a baking hot & sweaty tube with 100's of other londoners - mmm nice.
  15. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

[Mar 24, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wud that be "Loc: UK, London, SE ", Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  16. imported_mc119856

imported_mc119856 Guest

[Mar 24, 2006]
    i've lived in North & South. Definately prefer North, roads are better, cars are smarter and women are classier....
  17. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 25, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    i've lived in North & South. Definately prefer North, roads are better, cars are smarter and women are classier....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuff said Mike....defence rests its case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  18. docurley

[Mar 28, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wud that be "Loc: UK, London, SE ", Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be so.
  19. docurley

[Mar 28, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuff said Mike....defence rests its case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are easily pleased, I mean them girls in Kingscross are well classy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

Well each to their own.
  20. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

[Mar 28, 2006]
    lol, I think London in general is a great city, may be a bit too busy at times but I only encounter really bad traffic in rush hour (NW), hope you enjoy the move
  21. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 28, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are easily pleased, I mean them girls in Kingscross are well classy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

Well each to their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say its a place i frequent but obviously the same can't be said about you!

You can't generalise about London regarding one small area.... you obviously know very little to nothing about the city and you certainly have no ideas where the top totty is if your looking around Kings Cross! Good luck sounds like your gonna need it mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  22. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

[Mar 28, 2006]
    Kings cross £5 is all you need
  23. docurley

[Mar 29, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well each to their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say its a place i frequent but obviously the same can't be said about you!

You can't generalise about London regarding one small area.... you obviously know very little to nothing about the city and you certainly have no ideas where the top totty is if your looking around Kings Cross! Good luck sounds like your gonna need it mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh sound like your getting a little touchy I was just messing and make a little light fun of it all.

Personally I find north to clutter up but you do have the better underground links your side.

I find the South less cluttered but like most it depends on what you’re looking for when looking for an area to live.

So just take this thread as it’s gone, as a very light banter of my sides better than yours.
  24. Hotscar

Hotscar Four Wheel Drifting

[Mar 29, 2006]
    ...just to throw a spanner in the works...West London all the way!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
  25. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 29, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]

Ooooh sound like your getting a little touchy I was just messing and make a little light fun of it all.

Personally I find north to clutter up but you do have the better underground links your side.

I find the South less cluttered but like most it depends on what you’re looking for when looking for an area to live.

So just take this thread as it’s gone, as a very light banter of my sides better than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only messing Docurley....after all i'm not even a Londoner....i'm from Ireland....just thought i'd start up some good old North-South divide rivalry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  26. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 29, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...just to throw a spanner in the works...West London all the way!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if your loaded!

unless you wanna live in many of the crack dens which are there in the less afluent areas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif