Solar Orange S3 Opinions Needed!

hufcforpromotion

Reaction score
Hi All!
I sold my facelift S3 and have decided to buy a cheaper one! I have found a good spec car to buy but not 100% sure on the colour! What does everyone think about solar orange?

Cheers John

great, provided you know you will have trouble selling privately and might not get as much as a black/grey/blue one

I think they look great. Nearly specced that colour myself. It's just when it's a little dirty is looks very dull. Unlike the Focus orange which is pearlescent and looks great no matter what.

Mate love the colour, talk to DaveS3Turbo think is his full username on here who will advise about the bright colours think his last one was this colour, he loves them, think his current ones bright yellow, but its different & well makes you happy bright colours, I want one tbh, but I can see she will whinge

I have seen an S3 Sportback in Solar Orange and was pleasantly surprised how damn good it looked, not as harsh as what I would have thought - way different from seeing the colour in photos.

Having owned 2 S3's, first was Phantom Black, second was Sprint Blue facelift, i would strongly consider Solar Orange for my next colour when the next generation S3 sportbacks are revealed.

So your selling your current facelift for another facelift S3, why may i ask?

Lou

Can't remember the name of the guy on here who owns this one [Edit: it's S3 SAF], but it looks great... :thumbsup:

orangeS3-01.jpg

orangeS3-02.jpg

...not sure that I could ever do it though. :wacko:

Go for it mate,they look stunning....there's one nr me,i think its a girlie that drives it...great taste,whatever!

I don't think you'll have a prob selling it either.

Orange looks awesome especially with black bits (grill, wheels, mirrors etc)

My favourite colour for an S3 - well orange or sprint blue :D

Solar Orange is one of my favourite colours :) Go for it, you wont regret it!
Quite a few people like it here, just how do i say it 'dont have the balls' to buy it. And i think at times i may be one of them lol =) As you saw by the post Dave had one sold it with no problems.

But i'd say 100% buy it. If i could afford insurance on an S3 at my age my three choice would be, Sprint Blue, Solar Orange or Phantom Black.

Thanks

Ashley

Personally I wouldn't buy it even though I love the colour.

Spotted one on Fleabay recently. 2008 facelift sportback with buckets, nav etc. Was no interest at £25000. This car listed at £34000 when new 6 months earlier.

I nearly bought it and had it wrapped.:rock:

my ones for sale if interested mate....

On Piston Heads mate? Running at around 350bhp? Price 21,995?
If so great looking car if it was my 20th birthday (which is next year) i'd 100% have the car.Cant waittill i can buy a nice decent S3 next year when insurance is cheaper.
Good luck with the sale mate. Once again amazing looking car :)

Ashley

my ones for sale if interested mate....

thats the one......:icon_thumright:

The car's nice and also the color! Orange really looks unique and stunning to the car itself, so goodluck!