1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Update - Xenon Headlights

Belfin Dec 7, 2013

1. Belfin

Belfin Active Member

Took my S-line Sportback into Audi as part of a 'Winter Health Check' promotion today. One of the jobs done was a software upgrade for the xenon headlights. Thought I'd mention it for all the S-line and xenon headlight option folk out there. They said it's not urgent (i.e. a recall), but they'll do the upgrade to cars as they visit the dealerships.

cheers, Paul.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

Paul,

is this a software update for standard s-line xenons or the adaptive xenons upgrade or does it change something on both?

3. Belfin

Belfin Active Member

Hi Dave,

My xenons are standard S-line ones and I was upgraded. The Audi chap said it was to prevent some reports they'd had of the lights 'flickering' and to extend the beam of the dynamic range control further out.

I just edited my original post to remove the word 'adaptive' - I'd used it to describe the headlight ability and had forgotten it's actually a name for a specific option. Sorry!

Cheers, Paul.

Daveotto likes this.
  4. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

Thanks Paul

5. TreborA4

TreborA4 Active Member

I had to have the near side xenon headlight replaced last week as the main beam would not come on occasionally.

Apparently, there is an internal mechanism which moves a flap to allow the main beam to work.

My car is only eight months old but has done over 20,000 miles.

There was no mention of a software upgrade. I will call Audi on Monday to check whether it was done when the headlight was replaced.

6. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Interesting that it extends the dynamic range. I suppose that means it'll detect cars that are further away? That's one of the problems I have with the current system really.

I'll have to ask my dealer about it.

7. VeeDubDan

VeeDubDan Active Member Team Monsoon

Is Dynamic Range Control an optional extra, or standard on Xenons?