Software update for DSG from Superchips

PTTM

Pedal to the Metal!!!
Reaction score
Guys, I have been reading the Thread from influxsg and he said somewhere that Superchips can now upgrade the software on your DSG box so that it can handle more Torque, is this true?
If so, does that mean we just need to update our Bluefin units and it will do it for us or do we need to go and see the boys in Buckingham?
Any helpful comments would be appreciated!!!!
:jump:

Yes - DSG remapping/software update is now available. Torque is lifted from 350nm to 500nm I believe. From what I've been reading on different forums, I will be getting mine done.

Here is a mini review from 'Hurdy' from the www.golfgtiforum.co.uk

Hurdy said:
What can I say....****** great bit of software that makes the DSG what it should have been from the factory
cool.gif

7k+ shifting ftw.

Faster shifts up AND down the box

Smoother shifting up and down the box (didn't think this was possible)

Better "blipping" noise from the zorst

Manual mode is now a manual (but if you push it continuously it will push through the rev limite to the next gear if you want it to)

Faster set off from a standstill

Better torque handling capability

Torque limiter relaxed in 1st and second gears

60mph is now possible in second and 90+ in 3rd
evil.gif

It now releases the full rpm power potential of the K04, so no more RR days with the box killing the power just over 6200rpm

Option of launching with up to 3,700 revs with launch control (and 4,500 for the R32 boys, which must be handy
wink.gif
)

There are other companies who are developing DSG remaps, HPA, Revo etc, but they will find it hard to better unless you are able to customise the settings yourself with a handheld programmer
cheesy.gif

Even though it is damp out I can tell the difference. I reckon it is good for probably 0.3 to 0.4 off the standing quarter

Honestly, if you have a DSG and want to get the best from it, a DSG remap (whoever you choose to do it) is an absolute must have
drool.gif

Roll on my Quaife arriving now to knock a few more portions off the QTR mile.
evil.gif
evil.gif

:)

Yes - DSG remapping is now available. Torque is lifted from 350nm to 500nm I believe. From what I've been reading on different forums, I will be getting mine done

Ooh...that'll be worth looking into.
Keep us informed on how you find it, if you get yours done N8KOW.

I'm also interested to hear how they do it...if it's through the OBD port or not.

Ah-ha!
Petrol only?
The rev limits for that indicate petrol...anything for the DSG TDIs yet that you know of?

I've just been on Superchips site and can't find any info in it.

Thanks for posting that though...sounds much better.

I spoke to Alex from Backdraft Motorsport, and he's gonna contact Revo for me as he doesn't think it it'll be a problem, we'll find out either way!

AFIAK, GIAC are the only one offering this at the moment (well that's all I found), I have mine booked in at Regal on Thursday along with an ECU remap

http://www.giacusa.com/news.php?newsid=97

I prefer that both bits of software come from the same tuning house, so if I have problems there will be no buck passing.

Does anyone know what kind of cost is involved in this?

Also, I checked GIAC's site out and they only seem to have this option for DSG 2005 onward... I have an 04 3.2 Sline DSG - I'm guessing the 2005 DSG chips will work on the 04 box - there was no change was there between the 04/05 DSG boxes? :eek:

Guys do you know if this software updates also unlocks Launch Control on the 2.0tdi engines?

well after a 180 miles round trip, 4 hours sitting around and waiting, the conclusions is there are many versions of the DSG/TCU and they don't have files for all of them.. If they don't have the correct file there is a risk that if part of the process goes wrong you will loose you gearbox as there is no return, so they stop and don't take the risk. but that means no upgrade :(. until they figure out/get a file for your specific DSG/TCU.