Software for 1996 A4 with K04?

kingDL

Reaction score
Hello,

this is my first post here. I have an MTM tuned 1996 A4 1.8T Quattro, supposedly their 240hp stage. The tuning was done by Dahlbäck Racing.

I have some problems with the car, the turbo pressure is not consistent, sometimes I get stuck at 0,9-1,0 bar, sometimes it will do 1,4 as it should. I did a dyno test with horrible results, 121 hp at the wheels, calculade 197 hp at the engine. In all, it doesnt feel any faster than it was MTM stage 2 with the original K03 turbo. The old turbo started to leak oil last summer, so I replaced it with a K04 and new software. The car also has FMIC and highflow cat.

It kindof feels like its not getting enough fuel, maybe the injectors have gone bad. And here to my question: If I am to change the injectors, I would like to get bigger ones and new software. But there seem not be anything to be found for the old ECU of this car. I was told that there might be some information on this forum regarding the ECUs of the 1995 and 1996 model, I tried to search but I must be doing something wrong, because a search for instance on "K04" gives no hits at all.

I have also tried to get in touch with MTM, but no answer from them.

If anyone has any info regarding chips for my old ECU, I'd be most grateful.

I'm not a fan of MTM, they seem to love selling you nice overpriced tuning packages then giving no followup help or support whatsoever.

Personally, i'd be converting the car to the later ECU type and harness, and finding someone local who has good experience of these ECU's and can do you a good custom map on the car.

If your interested i have an ECU and harness spare, drop me a PM and we can work something out.

I agree on this one.

I can help you with the tune for this, as long as its on a later ecu.

Andy

2 interesting answers at once! :redrs4:

I have to ask tho, how hard is this to do? Do I need to add/replace alot of sensors? And what about the immobilizer?

i would be intersted too i have 97 car which has been mapped, want to do the k04 but whats needed as far as ecu-injectors etc???

Only sensor thats different is the MAF.

The only slightly tricky part might be if the interconnect between the engine harness and car harness is different. A quick look over the schematics suggests they are the same however, so it should just plug in.

Immobiliser can be easily recoded with vagcom on a '96

The GIAC performance software for the 1996 A4 with K04-15 Turbo Upgrade smoothly delivers a 70-110hp and 110-190 ft/lbs gain. For optimum performance the software must be coupled with a K04 turbo.. This software offer full OBD2 port flashed software switching. And also this allows our customers to switch easily and on-the-fly between stock, pump gas performance, race gas performance, or valet programming modes.

In the UK?

And US ecus are different arn't they? because ours won't flash IIRC

I dont think he read what I wrote, since he states it would be best that I get a turbo that I already have.