1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softtop weather protection

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Crazyfool, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

[Apr 24, 2012]
    Yesterday in the hammering rain, I handed over hard earned cash to buy an Audi Convertible...I am starting to wonder whether I should have gone for the coupe! The car is great and in good condition for its age; the roof is sound with no leaks but I just haven't had a chance to open it yet. Today I thought I would leave the car at home and make the 1 hour walk to work to get some fresh air; guess what?...yep its sunny...typical!

Anyhow, with all the rain we had yesterday, i couldn't help but notice that the fabric was absorbing the rain rather than repelling it. I am sure this is ok since the lining was totally dry, but is there a product I could use to further protect the roof?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Illusion-Paul

Illusion-Paul Member

[Apr 24, 2012]
    I just bought a cab and in the exact same position as you, although i drove yesterday looking at the sun through the work windows.
    Left and it rained!!

I used Gtechniq i1 on the hood as it seemed good on detailing world.
    Interior Coatings // G|Techniq

I don't think i have applied enough as they say you should paint it on, i just sprayed it on, however the sides bead the water good.

I am redoing it this week. Note you will need to order the 500ml, they also said clean it with the W2 cleaner so grab some of that too.

It is a little expensive, but says it will last a year!!
  4. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

[Apr 25, 2012]
    Great thanks