Soft code won't update

dsmclark40v

Reaction score
I am trying to change the softcoding for the central locking but it won't change. I am entering the correct code for what i want to do but it won't have any of it! I have changed it in the past is there only a set number of times you can change it or something? or do i have to login to change?
Thanks in advance
Sam

Sam, could you give us the VAG-COM version you are running, the car details, and the interface type? Once we have those, maybe we can give you a better idea what is happening. Also, posting an Auto-scan would really help even if there are no faults.

It 409-1 the car is a 1998 a4 2.8 Quattro and the interface is a KKL OBII interface.
I only have the free shareware version aswell.
here is a scan report
VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Control Module Part Number: 8L0 862 257 H
Component and/or Version: ZV-Pumpe, DWA D05
Software Coding: 03336
Work Shop Code: WSC 00151
No fault code found.

Thanks Sam. Now what value are you trying to put in? It's possible the value you are trying to enter cannot be accepted by the module.

I was trying to enter 16136 to see if it worked with a key fob. But also i am trying to learn a new key to the immobiliser and that doesn't seem to work either. So it could be a bad install of vag com.

Sam,
I don't think it is a VAG-COM install problem. Let me check on some things and see what I can learn for you.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If we assume that 03336 is your original factory coding and you wish to enable the remote function, you should change the coding to 11528.

You cannot "learn a new key to the immobiliser" with the shareware version of VAG-COM.

-Uwe-

Uwe@Ross-Tech said:
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Good one!lol
I use to do binary at college. I am a bit rusty but i can understand it.
I tried entering the value 11528 and it didn't update it. But i did enter 03340 to activate the one door unlocking function and that worked. So i think it might be a problem with the pump
As for the shareware version. I think i might buy the full version because the exhange rate at the moment is so good.
Sam