Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

Lovely car mate! Enjoy

Thanks Ryan, yours looking good as well, can't wait to get a few miles on her to get it opened up, enjoy as I'm sure you will :racer:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
In other words yer a impatient Barsteward...and you wanted it there and then and threw yer dummy right oot the showroom...lol car looks great from the rear..mate
The temptation was too much for me haha

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Gordo77 and 2 others
I think that is superb - rear end and dash in particular.

Slightly disappointed that the seats and steering wheel are no longer marked as S3 but just with an S....

Presume that it's cheaper to have generic kit across all the models....

Do S3's have the S3 on the seats..l have'nt even noticed....in all this time....who gives a monkeys....as my mate says the 4 cannons on the back say it all....but watch oot for the boonce

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, gripross, Rob2k68 and 2 others
**** me Mike why didnt ye through in a video of it as well...lol...car looks extremely sexy in them photos mate...enjoy

Just trying to source a 4k camcorder to do it justice :tonguewink:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Gordo77 and 3 others
Thanks, only in direct sunlight can you see the metallic flakes in the red and it looks even better.

You can only change what is on the left of the Rev counter, you use the left right buttons on the left of the wheel which goes between: car data, telephone, media, maps
Then the wheel on the left selects options within those options.
The wheel zooms the map in and out.

Aahh cool, thanks for info. I think if you have a route set on the Sat Nav, you might get guidance prompts to the right of the Rev counter...?

Also, you can set the map to auto zoom, I think...?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, jonnythefox and 1 other person
Aahh cool, thanks for info. I think if you have a route set on the Sat Nav, you might get guidance prompts to the right of the Rev counter...?

Also, you can set the map to auto zoom, I think...?

Steady boy.... yer getting a wee bit to excited there....take aff the Anorak..lol

Most expensive option on the S3? A water temperature gauge, a snip at only £1400.

Car looks ****** good in red. Definitely a nice shade of an often poorly executed colour. I've not bought a red car since 1993, which was the period when water based paints came along and reds very quickly faded into powdery pinks. This one looks to be a very high quality colour.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and pburv
Steady boy.... yer getting a wee bit to excited there....take aff the Anorak..lol

You'll get even more options on the VC screen when you buy that R8... :D

Most expensive option on the S3? A water temperature gauge, a snip at only £1400.

Do you not mean oil temperature gauge... which is the gauge shown on the VC screen... or am I confused...?

Do you not mean oil temperature gauge... which is the gauge shown on the VC screen... or am I confused...?

Nope, I mean this little fellow, just below the VC;

The S3 with normal analog dash doesn't have a water temperature gauge. Where the temp gauge normally sits in an A3 is given over to an utterly pointless fashion friendly boost gauge instead.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Gordo77 and 1 other person
You'll get even more options on the VC screen when you buy that R8... :D

Good spot about the water temp....They have finally seen sense in puting it back where it should be...I ****** hate having to search for it in the lap time menu....grrrr

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and Gordo77
Good spot about the water temp....They have finally seen sense in puting it back where it should be...I ****** hate having to search for it in the lap time menu....grrrr
I might have been premature about the sense thing...lol Cheers for clearing that up GSB..:friends:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and Gordo77
Aahhh right, it was the 10th I ordered mine (same dealer) and the sales exec showed me a few cars they had on order and checked if any nearly matched what I was after. I think most of them were sportbacks tho, and I definitely wanted a 3 door and was pretty fussy about the options, so its a factory order.

I think Nano looks way better than Stealth Grey you can get on the Focus ST, which really does look unfinished, and as you say... might end up being quite rare!
when should you have it? And
make sure to post some pics when the time comes.

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Nope, I mean this little fellow, just below the VC;
View attachment 100762

The S3 with normal analog dash doesn't have a water temperature gauge. Where the temp gauge normally sits in an A3 is given over to an utterly pointless fashion friendly boost gauge instead.

Aaahh right, of course! Is the oil temperature gauge not more important tho, and you only get that on the VC screen...?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
when should you have it? And
make sure to post some pics when the time comes.

I think the order form mentions 15th October as an estimated date. :( Defintely will post pics when it arrives.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
caliper and carrier is red.. Although your right very easy DIY.

Very subtle facelift change and about time Audi painted the back of the pad red too - can see this being a very popular retrofit !!

Really loving the nano first time I've seen it on the S3 but have admired it on the TTS before now.

Wow congrats - V/C is every gadget mans wet dream !!!!!

Reactions: SW14NY'S, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 2 others
Oil temp is more useful if you're racing I suppose, but its hidden in an otherwise useless lap timing screen. I'd much rather have a nice cooling system health check available on a permanent basis.

Reactions: SW14NY'S, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 2 others
Seen you slate nano grey in a few previous posts haha! Last two cars have been misano red and sprint blue.. Was a toss up between this and the panther black this time.. Went for this in the end as I think it will be a lot less common than the black!
Nano grey fl saloon here. and as you say i thought not be as common as the daytona.

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and S3_RYAN
Aahhh right, it was the 10th I ordered mine (same dealer) and the sales exec showed me a few cars they had on order and checked if any nearly matched what I was after. I think most of them were sportbacks tho, and I definitely wanted a 3 door and was pretty fussy about the options, so its a factory order.

I think Nano looks way better than Stealth Grey you can get on the Focus ST, which really does look unfinished, and as you say... might end up being quite rare!
i find mine looks really light in colour in direct sun but changes colour on a dark day/night. sometimes you can see the metalic and sometimes it looks like a flat colour. interesting if nothing else and as yet i haven't seen another nano grey.

Attachments

• 0D0BD5E1-1856-4EAF-9369-223F4C155E70.jpg
    0D0BD5E1-1856-4EAF-9369-223F4C155E70.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 465
Reactions: pburv, Gordo77, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Hmmm I want Tango Red now!!

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv and SpeedyFrog
In other words yer a impatient Barsteward...and you wanted it there and then and threw yer dummy right oot the showroom...lol car looks great from the rear..mate

You really know how to rain on others parade ;)

Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog
Sorry to go off topic for a sec. Just noticed your from hamilton. I work over there

Yeah Karen sunny Hamilton born & bred where do ya work over there and you'll be forgiven for going slightly off topic... Lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Small world eh,l will keep a eye out for a white facelift whenever am passing...
Yip small world. Need to make sure i keep it clean then lol or u could always wash it for me when your passing lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Re the water temp gauge - I don't think it'd was purposely planned as the A3 / S3 / RS3 was missing it in the first place .... it's there because the virtual dash is a genetic piece of kit lifted from the TT etc and already had it !

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I know somebody has probably already asked/answered this, but with the FL A3 Dynamic Indicators, are they the same strobing as say on the A6?

Very nice indeed @mikemod
If you get a chance can you post some night shots of the interior as well as around the centre console and MMI. ta

Reactions: mikemod, SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68