So this happened yesterday ...

Klickflip

Quattro 4 life
Reaction score
Came out from work , to find someone had stuffed my bumper . No paint residue from offending car / van . But a load of mud or dirst dust left behind.
Must of visibly pushed my car as it had stressed bumper enough to cause a small crack on the top edge and ‘reshape’ it to pop out the diffuser. Also paint flaking due to the compression.

There’s a cycle gym thing next to us and lots of cars and posh 4x4s use it so imagine it was one of them, as parking can be a bit tight but I always park on the outmost space so it minimises risk of crap drivers .

Have to check cctv of landlord to see if there is any evidence, and send email to suspect businesses that share the car park , and hopefully someone or their customer will own up before I find out from cctv.

Really annoying as it will cost me £200 on excess plus 3 half day trips to Glasgow Audi bodyshop form Edinburgh.

Not going to risk a botch repair as it’s a decent motor, and would probably be the same or more as my excess anyway.

So now I might consider some cameras in car as I park a lot in private car parks and city centre where you are at more risk than a suburban house.
Does anyone have recommendations that won’t break the bank ?
2B125A04 0EAF 4D07 BCD4 76017FAEEB09
9F4D0601 F3A4 494B 9F4D B0B8EBEB8EC9

recently happened to me too mate only i had it on cctv, cant see the other guys plate but can easily see type and color of car, also see him get out of the car and take a pic and then text somebody, I also now have his name so went to the rozzers, only to be told "we are to underfunded to investigate this type of stuff now, heres a crime number and claim off your insurance" also said this crime number is now closed.
what a state

recently happened to me too mate only i had it on cctv, cant see the other guys plate but can easily see type and color of car, also see him get out of the car and take a pic and then text somebody, I also now have his name so went to the rozzers, only to be told "we are to underfunded to investigate this type of stuff now, heres a crime number and claim off your insurance" also said this crime number is now closed.
what a state

Ah feel for ya. Shocking state of police affairs . Technical;y should be classed as a hit and run in my eyes Even though much less serious. But it’s the nature of it.

Years ago someone revered into my A3 and left a not to say it was my fault as I had parked too close to them!... it was a Range Rover of course probably driven by a marketing girl , and there was plant;y of space .
If I have to park in a tight space I’ll sometimes take a photo of the cars parked next to me in case they are uncaring inconsiderate useless drivers !

what a state
Grrrr... Tell them it was a hate crime. I bet they'll have resources then...

Reactions: Klickflip
Sorry to hear that this has happened to you @Klickflip. So annoying when you look after your pride and joy, only for someone with no respect for other's property to be careless.

Why don't you now take it out to Western at Broxburn, I think that you will find that they are still Audi approved bodyshop, though they will not now have full Audi approval to cover aluminium repairs (I'm guessing on that bit) - have you been over to Audi Glasgow's bodyshop area, for a country bumpkin like me it was very scary, you could hid a million illegals in round about there and no one would know about it, I was born in Glasgow so I'm not an Embroer just having a go at Glasgow at all. The only thing that impressed me about that bodyshop was the brightly lit "handover bay" - not many Audis being worked on though, mainly Pugs, oh and their price was wallet crunching when compared with Western and Western made sure that that repair was logged on Audi's system.

Why don't you now take it out to Western at Broxburn, I think that you will find that they are still Audi approved bodyshop, though they will not now have full Audi approval to cover aluminium repairs (I'm guessing on that bit) - have you been over to Audi Glasgow's bodyshop area, for a country bumpkin like me it was very scary, you could hid a million illegals in round about there and no one would know about it, I was born in Glasgow so I'm not an Embroer just having a go at Glasgow at all. The only thing that impressed me about that bodyshop was the brightly lit "handover bay" - not many Audis being worked on though, mainly Pugs, oh and their price was wallet crunching when compared with Western and Western made sure that that repair was logged on Audi's system.

Thanks Rum4mo,

Yes Glasgow body shop has a nice inspection bay , and car was valeted and waxed really well.
I had new front wings for free a few months ago :)

I might try Weatern this time as i had an A3 door repaired there years ago as it was the Authorised repair centre from my insurance ( another hit and run parking incident :(. ) and they did an amazing job.- but hunk it was the Audi body shop at that time , before it amalgamated to just the `Glasgow one , or changed owners.

So I’ll what list of authorised repair centres they give me.

I just assumed they weren’t doing Audi any more and only Mercs these days. But is it Peugeots now mainly? Not quite sure how a I feels about that !
As Audi will have more experience on all the sub variants of a paint code.

Main thing I want to be assured of is a perfect paint match. And proper fitting of a new bumper.

Cheers

********. Hope it gets fixed cheap.
Years ago i was sat waiting for an ex in a car park when i saw a woman drive the entire side of her car down a land rover. She got out. Got back in and ******** off.

I wrote her car details on a note and left it on the guys window. He rang me later that day to thank me.

I think that when Audi in Edinburgh changed to being owned by Lomond(?) from Western, that was when that Broxburn bodyshop sort of disappeared from view for Edinburgh based Audi owners. Initially I found them still on the Audi website as an approved or Audi bodyshop - visited them and asked the question, which they confirmed they still were though they no longer display and signage to that effect. With Edinburgh Audi being owned by Lomond(?), there is just no way that they would suggest that you handed your car into Western even although it is far more convenient for you - they are simply looking after themselves, I was shocked when I asked Edinburgh Audi about bodywork repairs - to find that it was all done 40 or so miles away outside Glasgow - with an operation the size that Edinburgh Audi is, and the number of Audis around the Edinburgh area, I think that we deserve better!