So, my car's possesed

DarkShadow

Reaction score
This issue started randomly 2 days ago.

I have the Audi Symphony with Bose and a parrot kit. I've had it for 1.5 years and I've not attempted magic of any sort.

As demonstrated in the video. Once I remove the keys from my ignition after about 3 minutes, the speakers pop quite loud and the hissing begins from the speakers. When anything that consumes power such as locking/unlocking of the doors or the lights being turns on and off the funky 8bit sounds kick off. However, the second I tap the power button the HU, it's sorted.

Right now, as my car is parked up, the HU is on probably on; chanting the sound of its people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a faulty amp is still providing some power to speakers, when no sound is being pumped through as such, as in its not being told to switch of when radio's of, not sure its the best explanation but its been a longgggggg day :)

is the sound coming from the radio (unit itself) or is it coming out through the speakers?

if its coming out through the speakers. disconnect the parrot hands free kit and see if the sound is still there. it might be the parrot causing the issue

Try removing the head unit and test it. if there is sound it's the parrot. If the sound is gone its the head unit

If the sound is still there revert back to oe by removing the parrot and seeing if the sound is there

If the sound is there it could be the amp

I will give that a try. The car is now dead and is refusing to turn over :-(

Where would be the best place to check out in sourcing an amp?

I think ebay is your best bet for a amp. its located in the boot on the driver side behind the carpet cover

did it die because the battery was flat?

if so it could be the sound of the parrot dieing or the parrot sending a signal to the amp and then dieing because there is no power and then turning back on and dieing. if you know what I mean