So many scratches

Fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi All

I washed my black car for the first time yesterday and it is covered in scratches.

I soaked it well initially to soften the dirt and used warm soapy water to wash it with my big soft brush that I use with no issues on the rest of our vehicles.

Now the car is absolutely covered in scratches. Never known a car to scratch so easily. How do I fix this??

Am I better just using a sponge (recommendations)??

Another issue was cleaning the wheels. They are a complete nightmare to clean in the wee tight areas. Had to use a wee brush and my fingers to get in.

Is a snowfoam device to put on a hose worthwhile? I have an industrial hot pressure washer. Would that be ok?

Cheers

Dave

Get it detailed and a ceramic coat on it and his will help a lot

Reactions: cuke2u and christuffley
I use a Two bucket wash method with grit guards with a soft merino wool pad and dry it with soft microfibre towels. I had mine detailed and ceramic coated and it's a doddle to clean. I use a snowfoam lance to get most of the dirt off to minimise the risk of swirling the paint with dirt in the mitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ruairi83
Sounds like your not using the right techniques. @ruairi83 summed it up well, if you want the perfect finish and to keep it that way then a detail and ceramic coating is the best option.

Reactions: ruairi83
I wouldn't use a brush to wash a car. Can you describe what you're using? I hope it's not one of those that attach to a hose.

It's a brush on a pole for washing cars etc. It is quite soft. Have used it for years with no issues on other cars.

Will try just doing it with a sponge.

It's a brush on a pole for washing cars etc. It is quite soft. Have used it for years with no issues on other cars.

Will try just doing it with a sponge.
No sponge ........please get a wash mitt. I recommend a microfiber one as these are easier to care for. As previously suggested use 2 buckets one with the shampoo and one to rinse your mitt.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I rate the Carpro Merino Wool mitt - pricey but excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A brush on a pole? That takes me back to the 90's!

Wash mit is what you need and take care not to get any grit on it. At least use a bucket with a grit guard at the bottom

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Well the scratches are there now so really they need removing first then a good quality sealant applied to help prevent them coming back. As it is a black colour it'll show scratches more than other colours.
But a lambs wool wash mitt is the way to go...