So Many Members So Little Input

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Is it just me or is this board mostly inhabited by the same regulars?

Not moaning about it at all, its just that if you take a look at how many members are actually signed up to how many actually post its a ratio of about 35:1 (guess)

Come on people, don't just spectate; get involved!

This is THE most welcoming board on the net, although there is one caveat against dimwit posters but thats just life eh!

I am waiting for someone to turn up on a customer's site whom is late at the moment so i'm listening to tumbleweeds

lol.
i know what you mean. the amount of registrations keep going up and up but usually the posts are made from the regulars.

I think the newer ppl post in the relevant car section as they has questions, maybe with time they start to join in the random general chat posts !

When I took on the site and re-developed it, it had 12000 members. It has over 20kk now

Byzan A4 said:
I have to be honest i tend to read a lot,but not post unless i think its relevent etc.

********! you post some right old ****:nyah:

Olly_K said:
lol.
i know what you mean. the amount of registrations keep going up and up but usually the posts are made from the regulars.

I think the newer ppl post in the relevant car section as they has questions, maybe with time they start to join in the random general chat posts !

When I took on the site and re-developed it, it had 12000 members. It has over 20kk now

Do you housekeep? I mean delete old unused accounts?

perhaps the search button is just being used now?

or is that just crazy-talk....

i havnt been on here long, but i try to post when i can, if i know something, or have anything relavent to add!

i also got bored a few days ago, and started looking around the other car sections, and found that each board seems to have its own little group of regulars.

i stay around the 8L A3 section, but check the 8P section regularly, so i generally only recognise members from those areas.

its almost like many members from the car specific sub forums never really cross over onto the rest of the board.

your certainly right about just a smallish number who post in general chat much!

Maybe all the regulars are scaring off the noobs. A posting amnesty to encourage new growth anyone?

Prawn said:
i havnt been on here long, but i try to post when i can, if i know something, or have anything relavent to add!

i also got bored a few days ago, and started looking around the other car sections, and found that each board seems to have its own little group of regulars.

i stay around the 8L A3 section, but check the 8P section regularly, so i generally only recognise members from those areas.

its almost like many members from the car specific sub forums never really cross over onto the rest of the board.

your certainly right about just a smallish number who post in general chat much!

Best thing to do is use the "New Posts" link to scan through all posts. I've often found interesting discussions on other forum boards that I wouldn't have read otherwise...

Not moaning about it at all, its just that if you take a look at how many members are actually signed up to how many actually post its a ratio of about 35:1 (guess)

Come on people, don't just spectate; get involved! :p

I concur, it does seem like there are very few people who pipe up. So we should challenge people to get involved and now for my plug for the Audi meet please visit the link below. We have 17 now and need more. Come on people GET INVOLVED!!!!!:arco:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=39454

A4Quattro said:

Come on people, don't just spectate; get involved!

Hi Chris, with your smooth keyboard chatting skills, maybe you could go to each car section and introduce them to the - general chat section?

Its not that hard to get involved when there are topics like the word game :)

I think alot of people probably sign up to use this as a search resource, but whether they post or not there is still a strong community here :yahoo:

I have the same issue with my web forum and car club, except on alot smaller scale. http://www.bowlinggreenmustangs.com/

We have 600+ members and only about 50 "active" members who post up and participate at our club meets.

I think for the most part...atleast half of our members sign up, look around, then rarely come back.

I belive the same happens on most forums.

Yeah, its true - I run a forum it has 300 people signed up and only about 30 of those have ever posted anything lol. And a lot of people probably sign up to ask a question, get their answer then forget about it.

I've been a member for 8 months or so, ever since I was looking for my S4. My post count isnt that high, but I do log on most days and check through the 'new posts'!!

I don't tent to post too much as usually someone else has already posted the answer! I've also found that overall the forums seem to have a slight bias towards A3/S3 posts which I can't help with!

Also i'm a member of quite a few other forums such as pistonheads, tyresmoke, rs246.com & detailing world which equally take time to go through the new threads!

I always enjoy reading new posts and have to agree that Audi-sport.net (along with DetailingWorld) is one of the friendliest forums I visit!

Ming Blue said:
Hi Chris, with your smooth keyboard chatting skills, maybe you could go to each car section and introduce them to the - general chat section?

Like this?
getoverhere.jpg

GET OVER HERE!!

I did then went away but now i'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:meeting:

Off down the boozer now.

Hard

...day at the office.

Dunno what happened there?????????? :think:

Laters............

My name's al and im an alkieholic

Ming Blue said:
Yeah,then they can play my spot the difference game,until scuttla 69 posts the answers.:shutup2:

Well I can't just read this and move on to the next post now can I?!?!

I must say though, when looking on the main forum page, there are a lot of names that I don't recognise!

Come on people, post post post!!!

I have only been on this forum for a couple of days, but i am already addicted, so hopefully it won't be long before my post count is up

FoxyRoxy said:
I have only been on this forum for a couple of days, but i am already addicted, so hopefully it won't be long before my post count is up

I'm sure it will be.:eyebrows: