So I picked up a new A3 today!

VinceXR

Reaction score
So it's been a long week but finally she's mine! She's an A3 Black edition 2.0Tdi s-tronic in Tango red with the tech pack, heated seats, B&O with the black roof rails.

It's been a 400 mile round trip but I've not stopped smiling :)

The S-tronic is sweet as, so smooth! The cabin is just a place of pure luxury :) :)

Reactions: tele2050, Audi Bairn, Weeb and 12 others
Very nice indeed mate! The heated seats are just what’s needed in this weather lol Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traditionally never used to be a fan of red cars but these new deeper reds are really nice. Lovely car mate hope you enjoy it.

It was just outside Lanark, no snow indeed but my lord it was a cold day :)

Reactions: Sandra, Jassyo06 and happytalk73
The pic infront of the travelodge looks like one near me in Glasgow. No snow today, just -7 temps

Yeah. We feel somewhat cheated here. Xmas decs up. 12 year old daughter excited for snow. But nothing!!! -5 in Annan, Dumfriesshire.

We may have to go in search for snow.

Ant.

Reactions: Sandra
Down here in the Midlands we tend to assume that if we have a big dump of snow like yesterday, then Scotland must be buried

Reactions: happytalk73 and Sandra
Loving the car @VinceXR good to see you missed the snow. A few miles in either direction you would have seen some snow. Enjoy the car Vince :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I love red cars. I've had a couple of Golfs in Tornado red that always polished up really well, I was determined to be different with my A3 but having seen yours I have to wonder....

You should find it easy to live with, red only looks dirty when it's really bad.

I love red cars. I've had a couple of Golfs in Tornado red that always polished up really well, I was determined to be different with my A3 but having seen yours I have to wonder....

You should find it easy to live with, red only looks dirty when it's really bad.
Agreed !!

Thanks for all your comments guys, I am absolutely over the moon wit her. The red is so vibrant in the sun and the images don't do it justice at all... I did 200 miles in her yesterday and 70 so far today and it's still cleaner than my previous blue Qashqai after one trip to work!

Looking forward to my first clean at the weekend :)

how does it compare to your Qashqai in terms of road noise etc?
The Qashqai I had was the tekna model with 19" wheels and the road noise was quite loud.. The Audi is much quieter (even with the 18" wheels and sport suspension) it's just so much more refined I'll never look back. :)

The red does look great.
Much of Scotland didn't get a great deal of snow, only really further North, but holy s**t it's been cold. The last 3 mornings at my place have been -8, -10 and -8 respectively. Just glad the cars are in the garage these days (which was -2 air temp!!).
Glad you had a good trip home. good timing for collection.

Reactions: Sandra
Very nice mate, I do like the BE's, poorboys black hole will keep that looking good ;)
Pb

After this A5 I think I'll be back in an A3 (no s-tronic non quattro available in the A5 anymore, so it means spending over £40k and I'm not paying that)! Think I'll be going A3 quattro, black edition saloon in white :) Since selling the S3 I haven't missed the power tbh, but I have missed the quattro at times! The A5 is just a 190bhp petrol and is plenty fast enough, so the same engine/s-tronic in the A3 will be fine with quattro ;)