so I got an Audi now for the fun

cat88

Reaction score
Purchased this wee beasty today, 2009 reg A3 sportback 1.4 Tfsi SE, 5 door, sphere blue / grey vienna leather, 30k miles

Newcar

better pics when its not pishing it down

PLANS -
alloys are mank so need changing asap
Mankwheels
Ive always had a soft spot for BBS but open to suggestions

Power - stage 1 remap yes?
Suspension - I fitted eibach springs and bilsten b4 shocks to my last car, maybe coilies to suit bbs?
Lights - I had tinted rear lights and rear 3 windows on my last car, Plus angel eyes with HID's up front, whats cool with audi?
Sound - something double din with a small screen, iphone / ipod compatible? tweeters?
Bits n bobs - upgraded my pedals to the metal type last time, seen you can do the same with these but are parts mucho expense? Matts, a lil thing that makes a difference, had irmscher last time and they were nice, any suggestions?
touch button start, worth it?
Cleaning - Anything special for audi? Currently using autoglym, megs, poor boys, collinite & dodo juice (hand) and get it machine polished once a month or so

will edit as I think of more things, all (legal) suggestions welcome

Last edited:
hey mate, nice mods are allways:
remap
RNSE
Flat bottom steering wheel
interior led lights and number plate (T8ups can help you will all them)

that would be a good little start,

im in the process of getting the RS4 button installed (its more a cool looking gimick thou)

1. Rims
  2. Lowering
  3. Remap
  4. LED light conversion (interior / exterior)
  5. Enjoy

And welcome!

what is a reasonable price for RNSE fitted? Or is it easy enough to do yourself?

All comes down to the deal agreed as in what equipment, year of car etc, its not a straight price for some, for example your car would need an antenna upgrade for radio to be at its best reception, rear lights I dont think a dark tint would look very good tbh so would have to be subtle, as for fronts, then oem xenon headlights is the best way forward of which I can supply/fit aswell.

I can PM you prices if interested.

Last edited:
HIDs aren't compatible with A3's. It'll blow the front wiper motors, costly repair. Have a quick search on the forum you'll see what I mean. A full retrofit of OEM audi xenons is the only way forward if you want them.

All comes down to the deal agreed as in what equipment, year of car etc, its not a straight price for some, for example your car would need an antenna upgrade for radio to be at its best reception, rear lights I dont think a dark tint would look very good tbh so would have to be subtle, as for fronts, then oem xenon headlights is the best way forward of which I can supply/fit aswell.

yes please

HIDs aren't compatible with A3's. It'll blow the front wiper motors, costly repair. Have a quick search on the forum you'll see what I mean. A full retrofit of OEM audi xenons is the only way forward if you want them.

thanks for that :)

If you want an A3 or S3 Black Edition front grille, PM me as I have them both. :)

Basically changes the chrome surround on your existing front grille to a glossy Black finish.

put some BBS on for the winter with a lil stretch on the tyres

546363_10152173389910174_1060689631_n.jpg

306525_10152173391695174_935326104_n.jpg

def needs lowering now, coilies or air ride?

Wheels with that tire size look a bit odd.

NHN,

Slightly off topic... what's involved in an antenna upgrade for a Syn2+ head unit on a MY2009 A3?

Wheels with that tire size look a bit odd.

+1 - and get that arch gap sorted - you could get a small child in there at the moment (but don't). :)

+1 - and get that arch gap sorted - you could get a small child in there at the moment (but don't). :)

hence why i asked air ride or coilies!
no small children handy, the cat has somewhere to sleep out of the rain now though!

50 or 55mm strut for coilies?

Last edited:
I have 19" on my a3 and it also looked like a Q7 before cookies ;)

newer tried spax, but kw's are great.