1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I gave her a wash

Idrees Dec 10, 2011

1. Idrees

Idrees Member

.. and took some new photos. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still contemplating light smoke window tints and lowering on Eibach springs. I'm afraid I'll get addicted on spending if I start modifying it though!

S3Zek likes this.
  2. Rick.S3

Rick.S3 Member

Looks mint mate best colour too :yes:

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Always nice to see a clean and original Noggy S3! :cool:

Tints is entirely upto you, but with regards to lowering it, just class it as an upgrade, since over time, you will find your front or rear coils will snap due to age/corrosion. OEM replacement springs are silly money.

4. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

Very nice.

Been trying to do mine for weeks :(

5. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

looking good.
    that's a very nice blue.

6. patTTpoa

patTTpoa Member

Nice! I love the colour

Pat

7. Jimgrim77

Jimgrim77 Member

Nice! Of the 8l colours...it's the scene stealer.

8. macpdm

macpdm Member

Gorgeous,gorgeous and did I say gorgeous

Car looks mint and although a fan of lowering and uprating the suspension I would seriously consider keeping a mint example like that totally original.

9. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Noggy looks great mate!

10. *Rich*

*Rich* Professional

Looks very nice that mate, as for tints i'd i think a light smoke would look quite nice.

11. Idrees

Idrees Member

Thanks for the compliments guys/girls. :)

Rav, that's another reason I'm reluctant about those modifications; it would lose the clean OEM look. I probably will end up keeping it in original form as I have a project car for the occasional weekend/track use:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  12. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Yea that is a mint!,i agree keep her standard,looks like new,wel done!

13. Idrees

Idrees Member

Cheers mate. Looks like your S3 is the same colour as my Glanza. ;)

14. Lee172

Lee172 GT3071

Looks nice mate, i would keep it standard.. i thought 8ls ended on 03 plates and 8ps started on 53 plates??

15. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Did you buy the glanza from the mendips?,theres one in liquid yellow down there a few years back!,(clean s3 though fair play)

16. Idrees

Idrees Member

Lee, mine is one of the last made in the 8L I'm sure (31st Oct 2003) not sure when the 8P shape was released. I have seen them on a 53 reg too but maybe they started in January (be 53 reg until April or thereabouts).

I have no idea where mendips is, so no I didn't buy my Glanza from there. I build it at home and painted it myself. I had another one back in 2007 as a first car, rebuild that too but it was only a replica (painted it the same colour). Never heard of another in this colour on any of the Starlet forums. :shrug:

17. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Oh fair enough!,yea there was one in the mendips,might not be around now duno!,fair play though!

18. macpdm

macpdm Member

Mendips are south of bristol arent they

19. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

Car is lush. Wish id gone for that colour sometimes

20. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Car looks beautiful mate, well done on the clean up.

If it was me, id dechrome the grille surround and maybe put some aero wipers on it....

Thats about it....still either way, car looks sweeeeet!!!!

21. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Yes!

22. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

Looks great. Just need to sort that passenger side door blade out (mine looks exactly the same) & get the rims re-furbed and that'd be a really cracking example. Just make sure nobody removes your door mirrors for you. I've taken to tucking my car up under the car port for the night, just to avoid any prying eyes... Only downside is that the cat now sits on the roof in winter.

Personally - I'd go for the lowering springs.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  23. Idrees

Idrees Member

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Yes that door blade has been annoying me for a while, just ordered some new bits for the Glanza so I can get it driveable again so I can move it out of the garage. Once the S3 is in there I'll get the door sorted and give it a proper polish and wax too.

The wheels do have the odd little kerb marks but if I were to refurb them I'd do them in the Summer. I'd be tempted to go for Anthracite maybe, we shall see. She has new Bosch wipers so maybe I'll get aero wipers when they need replacing again! As for the chrome grill, I quite like how it works with the wing mirrrors so it will be staying as it is.

Cheers again, glad you guys like it! :D

24. S3Zek

S3Zek Member

Really liking the colour of this :thumbsup: