1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow tyres

landylout Feb 22, 2009

1. landylout

landylout New Member

Is it possible to put 205/60/15 snow treads on the front of my A4 .The rears are the standard s line 235/45/18 .I know that they will fit the hubs of the car but,:ermm: would there be problems with handling if the wheels were slightly different .

2. Macduff

Macduff Member

The main issue is rolling radius and offset. Don't think that the A4 ever came with 15" wheels but I guess you should be able to calculate the correct offset.

Also worth checking with the insurance co and there have been cases of cover being denied when running with non-standard wheels.

3. ahajdar

ahajdar New Member

I wanted to replace my 17" with 15" wheels for winter on 2.0tfsi and the audi serviceman said it is risky and not recommended for this engine, so I would say 15" should be ok for your 140hp. Of course, check with insurance guys.

4. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User

Just make sure that the wheels will clear the brakes first. I know the 2.0 tfsi needs at least 17's to fit over the brakes but they ate bigger than the 140 diesels.