1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Tyres & Smallest Rims

Red-Eye Sep 20, 2011

1. Red-Eye

Red-Eye Member

Sorry another question, if I was to put steel wheels on will I need new wheel bolts. Currently running 18" wheels but not sure how long the bolts are :-/ Any help would be good, cheers.

2. spencer361

spencer361 Member

Sorry for the late reply, I am not to sure, mine is an '07 2.0 TDI 140 sportback FWD so i am guessing the brakes will be the same size. I also used my standard bolts.

Why do you want to go smaller than 16"? price?

3. Red-Eye

Red-Eye Member

Cheers for the reply mate, the wheels you got from mytyres are they new rims or refurbes? Only want to go 16" as I beleive that is the smallest rim that will fit on my car, and it will reduce the cost of the tyres ;-)

4. spencer361

spencer361 Member

These are my standard wheels and these are the 16 inch steel wheels and tyres from mytyres, brand new wheels. I guess if you wanted to go cheaper, see how much it is for just the tyres and find some 16 inch steelies at a scrapper or ebay?

Also, with the 16 inch tyres I found my car is more economical, not to much but for example with my 18's 500-520 miles and the winter tyres 540-570 a tank.... all depends how you drive though!

[​IMG]