1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Tyres and Wheels

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by machtzu, Jan 12, 2010.

1. machtzu

machtzu New Member

Hi,

I have an Audi A4 S-line with 235 by 40 by 18 tyres which are absolutely useless in this weather!! Can anyone recommend where to buy a set of steel wheels (or cheap alloys) and snow tyres for use in the winter?
  2. walking joint

walking joint New Member

Hello
    I've got an A4 S-line with 255/35/19 wheels, my car has so far been unable to move for over a week and a half as it can't get up my street due snow/slush/ice.( I live at the bottom of my street and have a slight incline to go up ). I'am totally hacked of with this situation and I have been looking to get hold of some winter tyres but unfortunately so has everyone else, they are very difficult to get hold of. I spoke to my local Audi Dealer about what tyre/ wheels I could fit to my car, they came back yesterday with a price for a winter wheel package. They supply original Audi alloy 17" wheels with 225/50/17 Dunlop winter tyre (6D?). This deal is apparently "heavilly subsidized" by Audi . I've decided to buy this package which costs £1200 so at least next time when we get some snow I may actually be able to use my car. Seems like a lot to spend but I reckon they may eventually pay for them selves and I should be able to get a reasonable resale value on them when I sell the car as they are genuine Audi gear.
  3. Jax

Jax Member

Listen trust me......dont bother.....i bought some yesterday....

and the feckin' snow has melted today!!! How feckin' typical is that!!! I feel soooo cheated! xxx
  4. gr1zly

gr1zly Member

Hi,

I've got summer set of 19' RS4 style rims, and for winter ATS DTM Competition 18' with pirreli Sottozero, wheels are nice, strong and cheap.

Cheers
  5. Ricvifarho

Ricvifarho Rattle and squeak detector

Just get a set of Vredestein Wintrac Extreme tyres and fit on your standard 18" wheels- brilliant. Approx £650 for 4.