1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow! Hell fire!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ess_Three, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Feb 26, 2004]
    Who's got snow then?

I have...well not me personally...but it's awful up here.

I should have gone offshore today but the snow was that bad that the kind pilot called 'game over' as we were sat waiting to lift...said he wouldn'y fly in it! Nice guy!

So here I am back home with a 06:00 check in tommorrow...17 miles away accross the tundra, with no Taxi's operating and little chance of the nice men from 'Bear Scotland' getting out of their beds to clear the roads.

Deep joy.

I fu**ing hate snow!

...in saying that...I took the S3 out for a play yeaterday in the snow!
    May I just say that 315 lb-ft of torque and about 270 BHP make for serious fun!! I've not laughed so much for a long time.

One observation though...
    Brembos and snow. Not good.
    "Oh look, here comes a Nogaro Blue sledge"!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[Feb 26, 2004]

I guess they never get a chance to heat up
  4. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Feb 26, 2004]
    Well if that's the case I'd certainly not like to drive on snow with them hot!

They have amazing initial bite...soo much for 7" of snow....ABS city!
  5. pwnorman

pwnorman Member

[Feb 26, 2004]
    Its snowing here now i'm off to the north yorks moors to have some fun on the back roads later when theres no one about.Let it fall i love it especaily when you see the little boyracers in nova's saxo's and so on getteing stuck at the first small snow drift.All i can say is bring it on and head for the hills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
  6. mramage

mramage Member

[Feb 26, 2004]

No snow here either.

I like snow, but only until it turns to slush. Nice white snow, not horrid black slush.

Weather folk haven't exactly been reliable lately. Wonder how many other professions get away with getting it wrong so often!

7. S3K

S3K Member

[Feb 26, 2004]
    Chance would be a fine thing down here...too much el smoggo to let anything settle even if there was a sprinkle!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  8. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Feb 26, 2004]
    Only polititions Mark! Snow free here too. I had a pal who used to do motorbike dispatch riding around the Glasgow area, he loved the snow too, NOT!
  9. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Feb 27, 2004]
    just seen the A9 on the news Glen, looks lovely!
  10. TheTonsta

TheTonsta Member

[Feb 27, 2004]
    Who drives a Quattro with ESP on in the snow ?
    And who drives with ESP off ??

Would be interesting to hear people's views on the differences in handling and control...
  11. AndybS3

AndybS3 Member

[Feb 27, 2004]
    Just came down from Aviemore this morning, stayed up there from Tuesday it was a serious white out parked the car up last night and came out this morning to about a foot of snow on top of it, got to say its the only time ive been impressed with the Audi brakes, the lack of stopping power actually helped not so good for the Volvo I passed 1 mile out of Aviemore on its roof though but I take it the occupants are cool being its a Volvo
  12. pwnorman

pwnorman Member

[Feb 27, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    cocktaildesigner said:
    Who drives a Quattro with ESP on in the snow ?
    And who drives with ESP off ??

Would be interesting to hear people's views on the differences in handling and control...

[/ QUOTE ]I prefer esp off in the snow there is a reference why in another post under xenons cant be botherd writing reasons why but i just think its better and easyier to control yes you do get even more understeer to start with sometimes but its more fun wipping it round into oversteer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.giflet the snow fall and good times roll.
  13. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

[Feb 28, 2004]
    Had a minor mishap in the snow yesterday - tried to go round a corner but the S3 really wasn't interested in doing what it was told, and I've clipped my front wheel on a kerb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

No real damage, just a scratch, but now you have to steer left in order to drive 'dead ahead'.

Going to go and find somewhere to have the tracking looked at today - fun!

Alex.