1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow chains?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by IainP, Jan 6, 2010.

1. IainP

IainP Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Morning all - has anyone purchased/used snow chains on a Avant 2.0T Special Edition (or any other for that matter!). Any reccommendations on where's a good place to get them/type to use etc.?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. Shades

Shades Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do you need snow chains? Do you live out in the countryside or have to go anywhere in the countryside? If not, then I'm a little confused!
  4. IainP

IainP Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Yes, down a 2 mile farm track that has several inches of compacted snow and ice on it!
  5. the old one

the old one New Member

6. mjsewell

mjsewell Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
  7. Shades

Shades Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Ahh, thats okay then! :laugh: Am getting annoyed by all the city folk panicking because there's a little bit fluffy water on the roads... Its snow, not the white death from above!

Its no wonder, for a country that "regularly" has snow, we become the laughing stock of Europe when faced with a bit of very cold rain.
  8. jlillington

jlillington Member

[Jan 10, 2010]
    I have a set of spikes spider sport chains and they work v. well with the alloys on my S4. The chains clip on to a plate that you attach to the wheel nuts so protect them completely from scratches. They are fairly pricey though, but the snow socks mentioned wear out quickly so it may be worth it if this stuff happens every year!! Heres where I got mine: Spikes Spider 'Sport'

Hope that helps!
  9. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

[Jan 10, 2010]
    i have a set of all weather tyres which i paid 30 quid to have studded, theyre on my stock set of alloys so when the bad weather comes i swap over i also have a set of ice tyres for extra grip on the rear, theyre at least 1000 times better and well worth it, i think chains are perhaps ott