snooper s4 evo

saxonblue

Reaction score
just got myself a snooper s4 evo, (well chuffed)
now duz anyone know how to hard wire one????
i had an old s4 in my old a4 and hard wired it to the light in the glove box, but i had a shed load of elecy probs with the old motor, dont know if it had anything to do with the old snooper but it did burn out!!!
i also had a huge power drain (1.7amps) witch goosed my battery and could not be found by anyone (cue x files music)..
now as i said, dont know if this had anything to do with the loss of my amps, but i dont want to risk stuffing anything up on my beloved cabriolet, so any help would be nice

i have hurd if you take out fuse number 5 in the fuse box, you can hard wire it to that fuse as its 1 that works with the key in, but not without, so its ok, ?

any ideas folks...

hardwire kit for these SHOULD have a fuse in there already...

On my Mk3 Golf, I just got a piggy-back kit and went off one of the ignition live lines: then there's no concerns about battery drain as it'll only be on when the ignition is on.

I probably have a spare kit as I bought a bundle of them off eBay on a set of cheeky bids that all came though when I was after a mounting kit and spare Snooper (speaker went pop)... over the last 10yrs, I've had an S3, 3 x S4's and now on a Snooper Lynx :)

sounds good. how do you use a piggy back kit then?
somthing i havent hurd b4 that. a new one on my, i have always had to mes about with wiers and stuff,,,

you get them from RAC shops, maybe even HAlfords....

looks like a fuse, but larger (it does protrude a little, but should fit in the fuse box no probs)... it will have two visible fuses and a "live" wire: one fuse is for the original device (the fuse socket you're using) and the other fuse is for the wires you're about to connect (the other wire gets grounded anywhere on the chassis): that way you can draw juice from the battery without risking damaging / fusing out other systems...