1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snapped coil

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by blue03, Feb 25, 2013.

1. blue03

blue03 New Member

Hi all,
    I wonder if anyone can shed any light on a problem I keep having. I have a 56 3.2 TT. In the past 6 months, I have had 3 coil packs go, and every time they SNAP in the engine. This results on a costly bill from the garage when they have to get them out. Pretty frustrating since the part is only about £35.
    Has anyone else had the same issue? Is there a way to get these half briken coil packs out of the engine?
    Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. blue03

blue03 New Member

Update: for anyone else having a similar issue.....someone on a forum suggested some strong glue to bond the broken parts together, allowing the broken half to be pulled out.
    I will give this a try!

4. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Isnt there a special VW/Audi tool for removing coil packs, not sure if it will work on broken ones.

5. andy 1.8t

andy 1.8t Member

Sorry I can't help with your query blue03 but may I ask on why the coil packs keep snapping.

6. richard-

richard- New Member

I had a snapped one, but the AA got it out for me, maybe worth using them, or any breakdown to remove the coil and you only pay for the part.