Smoky S3

IceHanger

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
anybody else's S3 smoke on boost? mine was chucking black smoke out today when a mate was following, ok I did boot it a couple of times.
I know turbos can smoke while on boost (ie scoobys) but thought the S3 was mapped better and got recirc valves that stop that.

anybody else's S3 smoke on boost? mine was chucking black smoke out today when a mate was following, ok I did boot it a couple of times.
I know turbos can smoke while on boost (ie scoobys) but thought the S3 was mapped better and got recirc valves that stop that.

I had a tiny a puff of blue smoke once on start up. never happened since.

When driving, theres no smoke at all.... (stage 2 2012 s3)

:(

Thanks fella, nothing on start-up just boosting and it's black and sooty
Will have to take the engine cover off and check plugs at the weekend, and look for a few leaks, plenty of warranty left but Audi wont find a problem.
Time to put the new VCDS stuff to use :sly:

No smoke on mine and I boot it everywhere.

Smoke is either going to be down to rich running under full load(which mine does)or possibly tired oil seals on the turbo.
Black smoke sounds more like running rich.

Smoke is either going to be down to rich running under full load(which mine does)or possibly tired oil seals on the turbo.
Black smoke sounds more like running rich.

You must be popping flames with all these horses???

I had 3 big bangs in succession once!!

Might have to do the old spark plug trick ;)

I had 3 big bangs in succession once!!

Might have to do the old spark plug trick ;)

No...no that.

Spark plugs and injectors in the exhaust are nasty.....I've never been into making the car look like it does things that it cant.
Mine has more power then my old Sierra had,but does far less in the way of flames etc,and thats fine.

mine pops and bangs, noticed it a lot more after i went de-cat, love it though does scare passers by :D