Smoky A3

0120raptor

Reaction score
A3 2.0tdi BMN engined 170 quattro. Car has had remap ,egr,delete,dpf delete..Performance superb with better mpg.About 6 months ago had a really strange misfire so changed the following:turbo,tandem pump,N75,MAF,air temp/boost sensor,fuel filter.None of these made any difference as the miss was caused by the DPF delete part of the remap.Once this was corrected car ran superbly again until 3 weeks ago_Occasionally on over run it blows out blue smoke from exhaust.Sometimes it does other times nothing.Also when accelerating hard sometimes but not always there`s a lot of blue smoke.No oil in fuel filter housing and oil level doesn`t go up so injector seals and tandem pump must be ok.Car still goes like a rocket.Driving normally ie little boost no smoke at all.Breather pipes and vac pipes all clear.
Anyone any ideas?

No smoke at idle.Clean as a whistle.Have my own VCDS (registered copy) .No faults.

The only other thing which can cause issues is the EGR delete. Some people have reported issues after the delete.

The car has been perfect for months with the deletes.This smoke thing has just started.

Well this is the mystery as the oil level isn`t changing.Weird

Any luck with this mate?
I've also got an a3 2.0 tdi 170, not sure what engine code but year is 2006. I bought it 2 years ago already remapped and it had strange misfires from the start but very very intermittent more so in warmer weather and also the blue smoke very occasionally. Only seems to happen at low revs too, still boosts fine and drives perfect other than this. Was thinking about doing the egr delete on mine as from everything I've read on this forum I thought that was my problem but as you've already had that done id be interested to see what your problem turns out to be.
I've also had the injectors replaced by audi on recall just 3 weeks ago and the problem has become more occurrent since then. I was due to go in tomorrow for a diagnostics check initially for free but would be charged if the problem was nothing to do with the injector replacement so I cancelled it because I don't want to end up paying there prices for diagnostics if it turns out to be something else because the misfire was there before the injector replacement, just strange how it's happening more since then.
Anyway I'm new here so sorry for the long post and I hope this isn't classed as a thread hijack, just thought we have similar issues but with different things changed so this info might be of help to you.

Hope you get it sorted anyway mate and I'll post here if I find anything that might be relevant.

Paul