1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoking Brakes

amoffat Jan 25, 2003

1. amoffat

amoffat Member

This morning on-route from Notts to Lincoln there was an accident and part of the A46 from Newark was closed, already running very late, I was forced to go cross country Colin McCrae style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Things were going well and it was bloody good fun, then I got to a T junction. I pulled up behind another car, stopped and then noticed smoke pouring from the front sides of my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I jump out to take a look and there was smoke pouring from my brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif The smell was horrendous, and they weren't feeling very well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It just reminded me of how bad the brakes really are, I did a similar drive last week with the Cupra R with no effect on the brakes at all!

Looks like it some APR pads now, and see how they go before upgrading to drilled disks if required /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Has anyone else experienced similar with their brakes?

2. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Smoking brakes eh? You tried Niquitin CQ? They are transparent, so should not invalidate the warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif