smoking 2.otdi

jzr172

Reaction score
went back again today to look at the a4, it seems to be smoking and smelling of oil. Also when reving the car there seemed to be a strange noise coming from the turbo area. There was a pipe with gorse ( i cant spell) it was round that area sounded like a split pipe and was leaking bost:wtf:

went back again today to look at the a4, it seems to be smoking and smelling of oil. Also when reving the car there seemed to be a strange noise coming from the turbo area. There was a pipe with gorse ( i cant spell) it was round that area sounded like a split pipe and was leaking bost:wtf:
Why did you go for a second look if you said it was so bad the first time? My advice would be to steer well clear or you will be asking for trouble and potentially a big repair bill (if it was a cheap, easy fix the seller would have sorted it). If it is just a split hose and the car is very cheap you are the winner but in my experience things never work out that way. I was looking for a couple of months after christmas and there were plenty of very good ones around. I know you can never guarantee a car will be ok but if you buy one that is not right to start with you are losing straight away.