1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smokes in morning when car is stationary

DIPS_A4 Aug 10, 2007

1. DIPS_A4

DIPS_A4 SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)

hi all as above title in the morning when i start it even in summer it smokes the car has covered 118k with fsh its also been chipped by jabba. also there is a strong smell of burnt diesel what could it be any one have same problem its the 1.9tdi b5 1999

2. meatychi

meatychi Member

3. DIPS_A4

THANKS MATE ILL GET MY MECHANIC TO CHECK THE POSSIBLE PROBLEMS THIS IS THE LAST PROBLEM I NEEDED IM DUE TO SELL MY CAR SOON AS WELL. I WILL KEEP IT UPDATED ON WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH MINE IS.

4. golisago

golisago Member

The smell out back is not burnt fuel its unburnt fuel......and i take it that the smoke that you are seing out back is a greyish/white colour.......DIPS A4 how long ago did you have to timing belt changed!!!

5. DIPS_A4

hi mate last time i had the timing belt changed was at 79k when i brought my car its now got 120k on it. its going in for a service next week and i also have a problem with oil leak from the breather pipe.

6. golisago

golisago Member

The white/gray smoke indicates your timing is slightly retarded.......but the best way to go would be to have the hose sorted first.