1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smelly Car ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_Spin140, Jun 21, 2005.

1. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[Jun 21, 2005]
    Been on holiday for a week so my car sat on the drive, I have noticed a smell each time I get in now which is like an egg sandwhich for want of a better description, any ideas ?

Car is 12 mths old so wouldn't have expected it to be the aircon although I do leave it on all the time, definetly nothing inside the car causing it as I keep it very clean, just know it stinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Mark_N

Mark_N Member

[Jun 21, 2005]
    When I came back from hols after 2 weeks my car had the new car smell again....go figure.

Sure you didn't let one rip last time you were in it and locked the door behind you?!
  4. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Jun 21, 2005]
    I thought 'eggy' smells were something to do with the catalytic convertors ?
    You notice that stink when you follow some cars.
  5. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[Jun 21, 2005]
    No this is definetly noticeable when i first open the door so not from other cat' convertors, I don't think I cracked one off either as I tend to 'grade these' as & when /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If it continues it may be worth a trip to the Dealers to see what they can dream up.
  6. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[Jun 21, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    No this is definetly noticeable when i first open the door so not from other cat' convertors, I don't think I cracked one off either as I tend to 'grade these' as & when /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If it continues it may be worth a trip to the Dealers to see what they can dream up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spin, only thing I can think of, is if the water drain hole from the aircon is blocked, so you have stagnent water sitting there, not getting out. The smell coming back out through the air vents ?.

This is a real stab in the dark and have no evidence to whether or not this could indeed happen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  7. Horchsense

Horchsense Member

[Jun 21, 2005]
    Aircon in my A4 smelled bad after a year or so - but more like "wet dog" rather than "eggy". Audi recommend an aircon service after a year or so (around £80.00) which should cure this...that's my best guess anyway.
  8. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[Jun 22, 2005]
    Cheers Guys will get it checked.