1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small annoying noise coming from center front air outlets?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by JCC1981, Apr 1, 2005.

1. JCC1981

JCC1981 Member

[Apr 1, 2005]
    just noticed y'day that instead of the normal air rushing noise coming out i've got a annoying wherring sound when the front air outlets are on....its not a huge noise, its just annoying the hell out of me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

any idea how i can find out what the hell it is?! without resorting to use a bat to beat the noise out of the dash!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 1, 2005]
    Is it a kind of squeeky whine, like something rotating. You can hear it slow down when you switch off the climate control. If so I took it into the dealers and they said, it could be one of the fans inside or a loose seal on it somewhere. 'Basically we can remove the whole fan unit and have a look behind but you will have to pay for a new unit, as they tend to snap easily when taking off.'

So I left it, it comes and goes just wear and tear of the car. A guy I know whos got an A4 has the same issue
  4. JCC1981

JCC1981 Member

[Apr 4, 2005]
    hmm i'll give the blasting the front air holes on full wack ago.....the car is still under warranty so i could take it in, althou i fear if i take it in and they take the whole lot apart....somethin else will go wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bit like the sayin "if it ain't really that broke, do i want to make it worse by letting a stealer near it!"