Slow web site?

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Is it just me, or is this site starting to get really slow? I've got 1meg broadband, but it takes ages to navigate around. Only noticed it recently, it hasnt always been like this.

Nah its not you. This site runs slowly at times. Sometimes it will even time out and you'l get a "page cannot be displayed" message.

Rich.

When I was speaking with Adam from AmD at the last Rolling road he said that it was the hosting company at fault (perhaps not the hosting company but the package/bandwidth option that we have). I believe they are looking to move the site somewhere else to resolve the problem.

Rich.

The site is slow at time due to the load being put on it by the membership, bandwidth costs money and the site is free to use so something has to give somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Very little moderating is done, and is required as the site is run by its members and its them that make it such a great resource /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

To go over the ownership side the Domain "Audi-Sport.net" is owed by AmD, hence the WHOIS search coming up with those details. NONE of the mods - RS4 Barry, Ess_Three, David R, Tanya, lyrac - has any connection with AmD management and the admin is mostly done by myself in my spare time.

Have a nice day!

- Andy

Nice one Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

*Cough* Re-vamp *Cough* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

fine for me (i'm using my wireless laptop running off router plugged into ntl 750k with shareaza running heavy)

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Is it me, or is the site running really CRAP! tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I had same problems tonight. for a bit, ok now though

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Is it me, or is the site running really CRAP! tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I having problems tonight as well seems to be locking up or taking for ever

Yep me too got frozen out. Whether the server needed rebooting or not unsure but it was a no go earlier a few times for me. All good now though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif