1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow/Sluggish acceleration?! Introductory Servicing

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Persian, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Persian

Persian CEO

[Jul 3, 2013]
    Hey guys,

So as the title; today I realised slow sluggish acceleration (gear 1) it's a 04 sport 1.6 full service about 3/4 months ago!

I have never done anything under the bonnet no experience at all, what are some sort of intro servicing that I could do? I was thinking perhaps oil and filters are bad which affect the acceleration?

Any help highly appreciated

Thanks, Persian
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Jul 3, 2013]
    Is it a recent development? not the most powerful engine to begin with though. If it was serviced 3/4 months back were the fuel filter and Air filter Plugs etc changed?
  4. Persian

Persian CEO

[Jul 3, 2013]
    Yh its recently been acting like such, the changes made were fuel filters and plugs however I was informed by a mechanic (friend) that the oil isn't good enough?
  5. Persian

Persian CEO

[Jul 3, 2013]
    Sometimes the lack of power in acceleration disappears and it feels really punchy! Not sure what the cause of this could be.

Also worth telling, seems that upon acceleration today I needed more gas otherwise felt as if it was about to stall!
  6. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

[Jul 3, 2013]
    Sounds like it could be a maf issue or fuelling if you have a dodgy fuel filter
  7. Persian

Persian CEO

[Jul 3, 2013]
    Do I need to proceed with a scan? Or perhaps a possible maf sensor cleaning?
  8. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

[Jul 3, 2013]
    If you could scan it yes I have cleaned my maf with electrical contact cleaner or you could disconnect it but that will bring up your fault light which would be a pain if you don't have a means to reset it
  9. Persian

Persian CEO

[Jul 3, 2013]
    Iam borrowing friends to scan so hopefully that should help, thanks for the response and help 😊
  10. Persian

Persian CEO

[Jul 5, 2013]
    (first timer) mechanical question about maf sensor!!

So I managed to find the maf sensor on sline 1.8 engine and unplugged it cleaned it and everything works much better. However I intended to do the same on my 1.6 and there are some problems:

First of all the 1.6 doesn't seem to have the panel filter box like the s line and as it seems the filter is under the engine cover if I'm correct?

Firstly I wanted to make sure if Its safe to unplug everything attached to the engine cover so that I could change the filter and secondly where abouts is the maf sensor? As I literally can't find it.

Thanks in advance