1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slipping Clutch

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by blackwood, Nov 5, 2004.

1. blackwood

blackwood Member

[Nov 5, 2004]
    Hi Guys,
    I have an A3 tdi quattro with 35k,I am now 7k into a re-map,great results but my clutch has started slipping badly when I accelerate.Has anyone else experienced this problem? and how do I rectify it? Have been quoted £600 for a new clutch (stealer won't entertain any kind of warranty claim),but am concerned that it'll be nacked again very quickly..
    Any thoughts most apprciated..

Regards Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. blackwood

blackwood Member

[Nov 7, 2004]
    Wow!That sounds a good price,I've had a ring round some mates in the trade,and the cheapest I can get it done is £500!! the bits alone with vat are £300,and that's supposted to be trade prices..Where is Mr Clutch? I am near Scarborough in North Yorkshire.Is this a common problem do you think? or have I just been unlucky?
    Thanks for your reply,very appreciated..

Cheers Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. blackwood

blackwood Member

[Nov 9, 2004]
    Hi All,
    Just to let you know that QS Tuning are supplying me with an uprated clutch,so that I won't be doing it again in a year's time! Apparantly the A3 and A4 tdi with 6 speed box are very different!! (clutch wise)...

Regards Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  5. blackwood

blackwood Member

[Nov 21, 2004]
    Hi All,
    Just to let you know that the new clutch is installed,and I'm in love again!! QS Tuning were superb,the clutch plate is a racing type paddle clutch,and feels no different to the standard one to drive with,except it doesn't slip now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
    Oh,and the one that came out looked like brand new!

Regards Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif