1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slipping clutch

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by itsmeagain, Mar 16, 2011.

1. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

My clutch in my convertible has started to slip when I change gear and accelerate. Should I change the clutch and DMF or just the clutch?????:scared2:
  2. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

id say do both in one go mate
  3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

both at same time
    will save alot in labour when it does go if it aint already gone
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You can get the DMF checked I think? I was told mine was ok so left it alone as they're quite expensive to change as a precaution!
  5. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

Thread resurrection!! Anyone know the fitted price for just the clutch, and also for clutch and flywheel. Think my clutch is on way out, biting point seems high, won't do it yet, just want to budget for it when it's needed!

cheers for any help
  6. BRILLO

BRILLO Member

just done mine on a 2.5td. dmf was knackered( you can feel it judder at tickover)..bought luk clutch & dmf for £550 from dingbro and paid £300 to fit it c/w gearbox oil change.. one job less to do... just noticed where you live,, thats where i bought my car..lol..
  7. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

Hi Brillo, thanks for this! Seems a lot, am I right in thinking it would cost less on a 1.8t (or just optimistic!).
    did you get your car from SMC or somewhere else?
  8. BRILLO

BRILLO Member

Dont think it will be much cheaper unless its 2wd. No, i bought private from a guy called andrew stobbs(S70 BBA) about 3 yrs ago..
  9. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

Hi Brillo, I was just been nosey as SMC tend to have some nice looking cars in, just wondered how they were to deal with. Never mind....

My car is a 2wd 1.8t,any clue on price?
  10. renorti

renorti Member

just reading this thread, i am breaking my 2002 audi 1.8t, due to the engine block going. clutch and dmf were fine. i have removed the engine and box. got the flywheel on ebay. was fine on the car no noises {no clunking or vibrations} send a message i'll send a link /item number so you can look at it. lot cheaper than new!
  11. Greeny233

Greeny233 Member

Changed just the clutch in mine a couple of months ago and touch wood it's been fine so far.
    My best mate who is a mechanic changed just the clutch on his 530d 8 years ago and the DMF is still ok.