SLine flat steering wheel

Statiker

Reaction score
Why does the SLine have a flat bottom steering wheel? Don't see the purpose other than giving more leg room to adjust the wheel downwards. Reminds me of the old Austin Allegro square steering wheel!

Reactions: pburv
Why does the SLine have a flat bottom steering wheel? Don't see the purpose other than giving more leg room to adjust the wheel downwards. Reminds me of the old Austin Allegro square steering wheel!
It's purely a style/looks thing....And maybe help people with 'pot bellies'....:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L
I guess you could put it on upside down and have a flat top steering wheel if you really don't like it.

Reactions: Ignition1, Simon L and pburv
I guess you could put it on upside down and have a flat top steering wheel if you really don't like it.
And may even help people with big chins..:haha:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Because it looks cool

Yep - and is great for getting a good grip when turning tightly.

For me the whole ergonomics of the flat bottomed steering wheel on the s-line/S3 is briilliant, and IMHO is better than the wheel on the new R8 V10+. I am sure others might disagree.

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and pburv
I had no intention of getting the flat bottom steering wheel but after test driving a car with it, I just had to have it. It looked so cool and it felt nice to hold

the flat bottom steering in theory is too make left foot braking easier on race cars, however on our cars its purely for the aesthetics and imho much better than fully round to feel

Interestingly in Germany the SLine comes with a fully round wheel as standard and it is an extra 250EU for the flat bottom wheel.

Maybe look into having the allegro steering wheel retrofitted if you prefer more 'balanced' ..............................but don't stop there, gotta have them sexy shag pile carpets too to complete the look...................... :whistle2:

Austin_Allegro_Interior_with_Quartic_steering_wheel.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, Daveotto and pburv
Maybe look into having the allegro steering wheel retrofitted if you prefer more 'balanced' ..............................but don't stop there, gotta have them sexy shag pile carpets too to complete the look...................... :whistle2:

Austin_Allegro_Interior_with_Quartic_steering_wheel.jpg
Ahh! memories of childhood....:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Memories of when I used to dewax and PDI them when I worked for the same company that now sells audi's in eastbourne...

I love the flat bottom steering wheel - in fact I think it was the thing which really impressed me about the interior of the A3 S-Line. Feels good as well, nice and chunky.

Reactions: Daveotto and Rob2k68