Sline 18" Tyre Pressure

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
Still not the wiser after looking at the guide on the petrol flap. Generally me and the dog in the car so what pressure should I run them at?

[ QUOTE ]
Still not the wiser after looking at the guide on the petrol flap. Generally me and the dog in the car so what pressure should I run them at?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I refer to her as 'the dog' I get a slap, what's your secret? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
36 Front
33 Rear

Notice your from sunny Sheff as well. I'll keep an eye out 4 u.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sportback S-line pressures must be different then.
Can't check what it says as the car's away to the dealer (again...),but those pressures definitely aren't what it says on my flap for a light load.

[ QUOTE ]
36 Front
33 Rear

Notice your from sunny Sheff as well. I'll keep an eye out 4 u.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're reading the label wrong mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's 33 front, 30 rear for a light load.

You quoted the 33 front (light load) and 36 front (heavy load)

so
It's 33 front, 30 rear for a light load. then?!

medicineman, what colour is your 3.2 and I will keep a beak out for you.

cosmicblue, I keep her behind the dog grill so she can't reach! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

surely it will be different depending on the size of engine, for the front pressure at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I know when I checked mine ages ago, it was an extra sticker actually on the hinge that told me the 18" pressure, not the actual sticker on the inside of the cap, and I remember being suprised at how high it needed to be.

yep, i've got the extra sticker, but i see what you mean about different engines...

the figures i quoted were for 2.0tdi.

However, the previously quoted figures insinuated higher pressure at the rear...which I think is probably unlikely.

For the 3.2, they are definitely higher than 33/30 for the 18s. I'll try to remember to look tonight. It is the extra little sticker on the flap for the 18s. Do remember them being over 35 each with light load though and poss around 40 or so for one set high speed / full load.

To confirm the 3.2 tyre pressures per the sticker inside the fuel flap :

For the S Line 225/40/18 :

Light load (up to 3 people and small luggage) - 41 front and 36 rear

Up to max load - 44 front and 44 rear

For 225/45/17 :

Light - 36 front and 33 rear
Heavy - 39 front and 39 rear

I don't think it makes a difference whether Sportback or not. Mine is the SB but the sticker shows a 3 door model. And on my 2006 model, the 18s pressure is shown on the main sticker now instead of an extra one as per my 2005 model.

Can only presume the pressures different in the TDI?

Just re checked mine and its definately 36 front and 33 rear for a light load.

Mines on cont sport 2. Maybe its down to tyre?

Just checked mine, light load, 225/40x18 rosso's F38, R35. The "17" tyre pressures are lower, don't understand all the different one's for the 18's though, maybe it's a tyre/engine thing? Also the 3.2 (from memory is 60 kg's heavier?) so you already have a passenger effectively sat right in the middle of your bonnet! I know when we put a set of H&R cup suspension on my lads Golf TDI Mk4, there were different part numbers between TDi and normal stuff, could only be a weight thing foir the heavier TDI lump.

medicineman - the 36/33 light load are shown on my 3.2 SB for the 17" wheels not the 18s? I also have contis - but I don't think it should make any difference what tyre you have.

You boys made me think I must have been reading the sticker wrongly,but it's absolutely,definitely,positively,35 front and 30 rear for my Sportback with 18" sport contacts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Interestingly,I found that the DSG adds around 30 kgs to the weight.
Combined with the weight of the diesel engine,that must be why I need the front's 5psi higher than the back.