1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slight problem with my new 1.8t a4

p771 apm Jun 11, 2010

1. p771 apm

p771 apm New Member

i was using the car the other day and i was on the motor way doing about 80 when the car lost all power and died

my father in law took the car to his garage and we had a look

seemed to be down on compresion !!

cyl 1- 0
    cyl 2,3,4 -150

turns out to be the con rod it has snapped and span round and smashed through the sump

so now i need a new engine

dose any 1 no of any were near bristol i can get 1 asap

2. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Check ebay and piton heads. There is always usually a few floating about. Are you running standard boost? The reason I ask is thats not very common a thing to happen!

3. very very uncommon for these to snap rods unless excessive revs are applied for long periods........ harmonic resonance is a killer

strange!

motors go for £150-£500, you get what you pay for IMO

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

5. p771 apm

p771 apm New Member

as far as i no the cars all standard

iv been told the oil pump might have packed up

iv found an engine for £200 just got to pick it up next weekend

fingers crossed its a good 1

6. phoenixv6quattro

Good Luck mate! Remember to replace all the essential running gear too (timing belt/oil pump etc before it goes in) prob save you a fortune in the long run.

7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

at the minimum take the sump off and clean the pick up out of sludge/coke etc.

8. phoenixv6quattro

To add to your kill list MARK................anything trying to advertise on the B5 forum.

9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

?
    Rules is rules dude !

10. p771 apm

p771 apm New Member

more bad news guys i brought the engine yesturday got it fitted and the new engine is fubared

bottom end is knocking it t!ts off

iv spoke to the company i got it from and they said they havent got another engine so im back to square 1 at the moment

11. voteforpedro

voteforpedro Member

Where are you? I'm thinking of breaking my '96. It's an AEB with 135k ish on the clock.